What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

I drank miso, dude—get over it.
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

miso is a food, not a beverage.  you eat foods and drink beverages.  nothing to "get over"

RacerX

I drank the miso.

And it was good.  8)
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Miso tired of your stupid schtick.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I'm gonna get into tea for a while. Mainly because people who drink tea seem to be super fucking relaxed. I have Chai and 2 kinds of ginger tea, plus some leftover Red Zinger and Peppermint.

I was drinking a lot of green tea for a while, it gets a little expensive if you get the fancy kind.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Caldera Hop Hash.  Super good of course.

No Focus Pocus

Adam

Tried tea for the same reasons. Found that tea in tea bags failed to appeal to me so had to go to the local tea shop and buy the expensive kind. It was worth it, but I still only drink it for a month or two during the winter. White tea with acai berry was my favorite.

Curious to try an IPA that uses hop hash. Only one I have access to is Sweetwater's but I have to drive down to Nashville to get it just haven't had the time for that lately.

Right now enjoying one of my desert island beers. Deschutes Red Chair.

RAGER

I'm still alarmed st how many great beers you post about and yet you are coocoo over that beer
No Focus Pocus

Adam

Instant Dan

Some Founder's Breakfast stout I had left in the fridge. Four months old as of today.

Adam

Love me some Breakfast Stout.

RAGER

Picked up a few at the bottle shop yesterday.

No Focus Pocus

black aspirin

This Juan goes to 11.

Adam

Hard to find this one fresh around here, so when a fresh batch finally arrives I had to grab some.

Lumpy

I liked the Resin - high ABV but deceptively easy to drink.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Volume

One of my favorite beers.

(pic stolen from the internet)

MichaelZodiac

Made stoofvlees (carbonade flamande) last night with this beer, eating leftovers and some more beer tonight.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Alright! Let's talk beer!
Alaska Smoked porter is one of the best things i drank in the past month, i kid you nnot, it's like liquid bacon! The second best thing was Smog City's coffee porter! There's also this one i drank recently that was aged in cognac barrels but i forgot the name...

Edit:

Cognac Barrel Noir Imperial Stout from the Almanac Beer Company in San Fran. 
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

Adam

I have only had a few smoked beers but I learned quickly that I can only enjoy them when the smoke isn't the center of attention, but balanced with the rest of the components. I have never wasted more beer at a bar than the one time I bought a pint of Left Hand's Smoke Jumper Smoked Porter.

I have never tried the Alaskan one.

Adam

Only got one more of these left in my fridge. Gonna have to check out the local shops to see if anymore 4 packs are still hanging around.

Soundgardenia

Not a big fan of hoppy stuff for some reason, and ambers, also not a big fan of ambers.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

lftwng4

Stopped in Grayling Michigan last week on our way up to snowmobile, at a brewery/steakhouse called Dead Bear.  Two days prior, on Thursday, they had a Founders tap takeover.  We stopped Saturday afternoon and they still had Founders CBS on tap!  My wife and I split a glass, she loved it.  Rode the sleds there on Sunday for lunch, and they still had it on tap, so she had another glass.
Essentially it's their Breakfast stout aged in bourbon barrels that were more recently maple syrup barrels.
Good stuff.

Adam

As a big fan of Breakfast Stout and KBS, I'd love to try CBS. Unfortunately, I can't imagine it lands anywhere near me.

lftwng4

Yeah, I think there is more available this year than previously, but I was surprised they still had it 2 days after it tapped.  Figured it would blow within an hour or two.  Grayling is kinda in the middle of the Michigan wilderness, so that might have contributed to it's longevity.  The bartenders told me they sold a case or two of 2015 KBS in a short period of time.