What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I don't usually like fruity beer but that pineapple Sculpin is amazing. Like $16/six pack here, though.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

socket

Had a few Fat Heads Headhunters, a few Iron Citys and a few black cherry White Claws. I'm turnt.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

lftwng4

My wife and I made a beer run the other day. 
FYI, 85% of that is hers, not mine.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

How long does a sealed growler last for?

lftwng4

I used to hear 20-30 days, but as a rule, we try to knock them down within a day or two.  I think one big growler went to her cousin yesterday, we killed a Howler and a growler fri-sat, probably down a howler today.

btw Rager, my wife is very kind, compassionate and caring.  She's also a raging Bernie fan.

sleestak

There's a beer place that fills them with a vacuum sealer down the road that says they will last a month.   They do the fresh sealed cans as well and the girl told me they keep for a month.   I read without the vacuum seal they are about 1 week.  It's never come up for me though as I drink a lot.   Particularly now.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

I've never had a growler around for a week let alone damn month.
No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Yeah, we rarely buy them much any more, but they were very affordable, pub only stuff and we've stepped up our drinking as well.  And we wanted to support a couple of our favorite breweries.

sleestak

Muffin Man

Quote from: lftwng4 on April 12, 2020, 09:28:58 AM

Hello, what's that Black Maple?

I'm crushing some Crush. Not fruity, beautiful stuff.

sorry my image posting routine is wack atm

renfield

I was surprised by how much I like those. I think I tried the cucumber

Lumpy

Once you crack the seal on a growler, there's no "saving for later" though? I'm only one dude. And I'm kind of a pussy. Two beers is nice for me, three beers is a big night. That's why I never got into growlers. Am I losing out?

sleestak

Not if you drink two days in a row.

Lumpy

Dooley noted. Once recreational shopping becomes a thing again, I'll give it a whirl. If they still have growlers in the future.

There's a growler/fancy beer shop way on the other side of the neighborhood. I'm always looking for excuses to take walks. No excuse, no walk :(

Maybe I'll check to see if they're considered essential. I know the liquor stores are.

lftwng4

Quote from: Muffin Man on April 12, 2020, 04:19:34 PM
Quote from: lftwng4 on April 12, 2020, 09:28:58 AM

Hello, what's that Black Maple?

I'm crushing some Crush. Not fruity, beautiful stuff.

sorry my image posting routine is wack atm

That Black Maple is from Jackie O's in Athens, Ohio.  They don't distribute outside of OH, so they're relatively unknown other than the Midwest.  That particular variant is the Granola Black Maple.  We haven't had it yet, I'm surprised my wife hasn't opened one by now.  Pretty much everything they do is on point, and their barrel aging beers are world class.  All the cans on the right side are from Hoof Hearted, everything else pictured is Jackie O's.

RAGER

I've had some Jackie O's thanks to Shelton Brothers distributing. I can attest. Good stuff.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

This is a delicious combination.

No Focus Pocus

socket

The cilantro is getting a little slimy/shitty. Used Iron City beer, some BM mix, garlic salt, pepper, and a hot as fuck jalapeƱo.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

mortlock

I made bean burritos the other night and i was so lazy that i threw the cilantro sprigs in stem and all. I was too tired to pull the leaves off.

Muffin Man

Vodka Rocks. A lot of pollen in the air this year it seems, stuff cleans it right out. Good cleaner.

mortlock

Rager or anyone i need some good suggestions on where to buy vodka and tequila online. Help please.

RAGER

I think muffin buys that shit online. I've never done it. Sorry duder.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

might try lovescotch.com
they stopped shipping here, check their ship to's

Polished off the bottle of Boodles, sorry to see it go. My dealer's recommended replacement, Hendrick's, is in no way up to snuff, comparatively.

RAGER

Martin Millers is my go to.
No Focus Pocus