What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Quote from: grimniggzy on October 27, 2011, 11:08:21 AM
My dad scored some homemade whiskey (bout 1/2 a bottle) from one of the mechanics at his work. Shit was awesome and 140 Proof.
We took 1/2 of a shot the first night and our tounges went numb. Burned so good.
Next night we moved up to full shot (1/2 of our square JD shot glasses) and our mouths started to tingle when we were walking away.
Then finally on Friday we finished it up with my younger brother and his friend and we all had double shots.
I went "Hey, my mouths not tingling anymore." Then my brain started to tingle.
Awesome stuff though, you can tell its strong but it mainly tastes like honey. It was a pretty mellow high too, didn't crush me like I thought it would. The thing that got me the most is when my dad made me dring the drop thats left in my shot glass afterwards, I was like "Woah, for only one drop this is fucking me up more than the whole shot did."

Right now at home we're kinda stacked we have a case of Troeg's Dream Weaver, Peroni & Stella Artois.
Also my brother brought home a growler of Magic Hat Humble Patience from the brewery in Vermont when he visited his girlfriend, so we'll be drinking that on Friday.
And I think my dad may be getting more of that whiskey this weekend, the guy said we can barter with a case of Woodchuck Cider.
My dad and I went to this Brauhaus on South St. this past weekend I had him try Franziskaner for the first time and now we'll be getting a case of the dark kind and the lighter one.

Did he make it with marijuana?  Is that possible?  A THC infused whiskey would be awesome.

grimniggzy

Nah no weed, the guy said he used berries, sugar, honey and some other stuff in old oak barrels. Then he lets it ferment a week and wooollahh. Sadly, I've been off weed for a good few months except for one weekend I let myself partake with my brothers about a month ago. I've been trying to find a new job so its mainly just been me getting shitty with my dad.

grimniggzy

From my understanding THC doesn't dissipate in liquids like other drugs. It gets taken on by oil or butter when you boil it in there, then strain out the weed to make brownies so I'm assuming that may be possible.
The "high" i was speaking of was alcohol induced. B/C this shit is so strong I thought it was appropriate.

grimniggzy

My dad brought home homemade wine from the same guy last night. That shit was more potent than the whiskey. No way I'd drink a whole glass, I'd be afraid to wake up feeling like my head was ran over by a mac truck. But a little bit, maybe a shots worth was kind of enjoyable.

RAGER

I'm enjoying part of a growler I had filled yesterday of Boneyard Brewing(Bend Oregon) Skunk Ape IRA.  then I'm going to open a Ninkasi (Eugene oregon) Sleigher.
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

Fraziskaner Dunkel &
Fraziskaner Narturtrub
some good fucking German beer.

Also my dad got 2 more bottles of whiskey, one has a honey flavor and the other tastes like berries. Both a little stronger than the last batch.

mortlock

where the fuck is your dad hooking up with all this whiskey..??

RAGER

Oakshire Overcast Espresso Stout
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

Quote from: mortlock on November 10, 2011, 08:06:52 PM
where the fuck is your dad hooking up with all this whiskey..??

some dude he works with makes the stuff.

peoplething

Alaskan smoked porter

and a few high life's.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

The Shocker

RAGER

Fremont Brewing Interurban IPA, Universal Pale-Seattle Earth
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

I just tied some hard cider.
JK's Scrumpy Hard Cider. From some organic orchard in Flushing Michigan.

Tasty. Too easy to drink.
What Would Scooby Do ?

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

1-2 shots Vodka
1 shot acai berry juice
1 shot tart cherry juice

shake with ice
pour in martini glass
pour about a shot of club soda back in shaker and swirl.
pour back into glass. enjoy
No Focus Pocus

alfie

Are you morbid?

fallen

Cold Gin.

I also drink stuff that doesn't have songs written about it but tonight it happens to be G&T.

RAGER

Captured By Porches- Invasive Species IPA
No Focus Pocus

tossom

A change from the normal beer and whisky tonight.  Cider plus port and brandy.  It has been nice knowing you all...
"Beige rock"

RAGER

I'll be sipping on some nice IPA's tonight along with some Rumple Minze
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

Been drinking heinous amounts of hot buttered rum.  May have started a new XXXmas tradition...

http://its12oclocksomewhere.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/hot-buttered-rum.jpg

1 tsp powdered sugar
1 Tbsp butter
2 oz. dark/spiced rum (I'm using some Koloa I brought back from Kauai)

Stir, fill mug w/ boiling water, stir again.  Garnish w/ cinnamon sticks if'n ya got 'em.  Fucking delicious. 

One of those drinks that doesn't hit you until you try to stand up.   :)
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

The Shocker

RAGER

Ain't had nothin yet but that's about to change here real quick.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Allrightey here we go.  Just got back from the pub havin a couple IPA's picked up a half rack of Sierra Nevada Celebration and Newcastle Broon.  Gonna wrap some presents and head over to the lady's place for a bit of pre funk and then onto her familias
No Focus Pocus