Discontinued Food and Drink

Started by Jor el, October 23, 2011, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

They still have Code Red... there's a couple different kinds of Mountain Dew, just depends on what shade of food coloring you're in the mood for? :shrug:

Looks like sleestak has an encyclopedic knowledge of processed snack foods.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Demon Lung

demon gal

Besides Jello Pudding pops and fruit stripe gum I have never had any of the things posted here. I wasn't even aware of most of their existence in the first place.

Demon Lung

I've never heard of the polish donut that you posted in gen discussion. So that makes us even

I,Galactus

Only discontinued foodstuff I can think of being bummed about was SURGE

Used to get jacked up on that shit and terrorize the Burger King play area as a kiddo.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Jor el

I still don't believe that there was ever a peanut butter KitKat.
What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

Anyone remember those chocolate astronaut food things? I'm pretty sure they're still made, but I never see them anymore. I used to love those as a kid. Speaking of astronaut stuff, is Tang still around?

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on February 21, 2012, 09:26:55 PM
Anyone remember those chocolate astronaut food things? I'm pretty sure they're still made, but I never see them anymore. I used to love those as a kid. Speaking of astronaut stuff, is Tang still around?

Freeze dried ice cream?  That shit was cool.  I think they still have Tang> I used to make it super syrupy.  Does anyone remember Grape Tang?

Anyone remember Dip In A Chip?  That was my favorite cracker.
http://www.inthe70s.com/food/dipinachipnabiscobrand0.shtml 

GodShifter

This stuff, actually. Those space food sticks are still around (as I suspected).

I had never heard of freeze dried ice cream until today.

mertz

How about Pixy Stix? Are those still around?

Demon Lung

Yeah those pageant girls call it crack in that pageant girls video that someone posted

Demon Lung

khoomeizhi

fucking tang. some goofy VEEERY high little party when i was in high school, we decided it would be good to make some tang, couldn't for the life of us find the instructions on the container. called their complaint/help/whatever line (and put it on speakerphone) to find out the correct ratio of powder-to-water, and they couldn't tell us. we had to call back to complain.

can't imagine why we didn't just wing it, we must have been preeeeety young, dumb, and high.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Demon Lung

You can still get tang in Hispanic grocerey stores

mortlock

khoomeizhi

kinda assumed that tang was still around, but godshifter mentioned it, and it, you know, took me back.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

bitter

Anyone remember the short-lived "Cookies &" products from about a decade ago?

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

yup, pretty sure code red is still around.

demon gal

These were foul do they still make em?

demon gal

Demon Lung

Quote from: demon gal on February 27, 2012, 01:47:43 PM

These were foul do they still make em?
I just read up because I've never heard of them. I prefer Swiss rolls. They do still make them. They started making them again back in 07 after like 50 years of not making them. You had them 50 years ago?

Demon Lung

Quote from: demon gal on February 27, 2012, 01:53:27 PM
Also foul.

they stopped making it in 08. That shit was nasty. I remember getting drunk off of it when I was like 12

SabbathJeff

Honey mufuckin Crunch Corn Flakes.  They stopped selling it/making it years ago and i miss it terribly.  Still my favorite cereal to this day.  Made the milk taste like a sweet, sweet vagina....
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

mertz

Do you guys remember Hawaiian Punch in the can? My mom used to give it to me and my brother if we were sick, injured or had a bad day...Awww love in the form of high doses of sugar in a drink!