Discontinued Food and Drink

Started by Jor el, October 23, 2011, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

Anyone remember this shit?

Used to make vanilla iced cream floats with it back in 2003-ish.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

Marathon was my all time favorite candy bar.  England has the Curly Wurly (I think that's what it's called) which is essentially the same.

justinhedrick

i miss PB maxx in the worst way.

you can kind of fake it with a chips a hoy and some peanut butter, but it just isn't the same.

demon gal

Jor el

Quote from: deaner33 on October 23, 2011, 07:15:40 AM
Marathon was my all time favorite candy bar.  England has the Curly Wurly (I think that's what it's called) which is essentially the same.

Yeah, Curly Wurly is a small Marathon.
Wunderbar is close to a Wonka Super Skrunch....but it has caramel.
What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

this place, Yummies, in Maine has a lot of hard to find candies. Youd be surprised that some you dont see anymore are still available

http://www.yummies.com/index.htm

RAGER

I lived with my older sister in high school and we were so poor we about lived on this stuff.  They were actually really good.
the gubment cheese wasn't bad either
No Focus Pocus

Isabellacat

I really miss this....

one of the best breakfast cereals ever invented! they should make it again but then again I've heard Ralston went out of business 10 years ago.

I wish they made Smurfberry Crunch too,that cereal rocked,plus it made your poo turn bright blue.

I had a friend who said back in the 60's they used to make a candybar called Welch's Fudgies. It was like a chocolate cookie bar with grape filling in it and they stopped making it in the early 70's.That always intrigued me. And oh yea I really miss Ninja Turtle pies too.

and oh yea Coke II !!

RageofKlugman

QuoteMarathon was my all time favorite candy bar.  England has the Curly Wurly (I think that's what it's called) which is essentially the same.

As someone else has mentioned, they do still make the Curly Wurly in England, although they're not curly in any way. All these comments about Marathon bars confused me a little though - although the UK now has Snickers bars, back in the 80s they were called Marathon. They changed the name at some point in the early 90s, and now I'm guessing that was to avoid confusion with the American product of the same name? Weird.

I really miss the peanut butter flavoured Kitkat they used to make. It's been replaced with a caramel flavoured one which is a poor substitute.

Jor el

Ralston Purina - maker of dog food and fine breakfast cereal.
FREAKIES!!

Ralston makes all the store brand knock-offs now.

I've never had a peanut butter KitKat.
Goddamnit.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

RageofKlugman

QuoteI've never had a peanut butter KitKat.
Goddamnit.

You probably never will now, sadly. They were advertised as being a limited edition, but they ended up being in the shops for years. I was starting to think they might have become a permanent fixture and then they promplty vanished. Such is life.

Another product I miss is a Sainsburys own brand breakfast cereal called Choccles - chocolate covered cornflakes with chuncks of marshmallow scattered in between. The ideal way to start the day with a massive sugar high.

mertz

My brother used to tell me that if I swallowed gum it would stick to my heart.

mortlock

Quote from: mertz on February 20, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

i think you can still get that..its the most awesome gum ever..

mertz

Quote from: mortlock on February 20, 2012, 10:24:51 PM

I've looked everywhere!

Demon Lung

Quote from: mertz on February 20, 2012, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: mortlock on February 20, 2012, 10:24:51 PM

I've looked everywhere!
look online. It's still produced. I googled and it said there are 25 stores near me that sell it

cat shepard

If you eat a pack of that, you can shit a rainbow!

mertz

sleestak

What about Crystal Pepsi?  I miss all the Keebler snacks like Krunch twists, Pizzarias, O'Boises the little buttery pretzels.  Remember the corn chip nacho Pringles?  S.W. Graham's cereal was awesome.  Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid, Berry Blue Kool Aid.  The kool aid type shit in the accordion container Burple.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Demon Lung

Quote from: sleestak on February 21, 2012, 10:38:50 AM
What about Crystal Pepsi?  I miss all the Keebler snacks like Krunch twists, Pizzarias, O'Boises the little buttery pretzels.  Remember the corn chip nacho Pringles?  S.W. Graham's cereal was awesome.  Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid, Berry Blue Kool Aid.  The kool aid type shit in the accordion container Burple.
i remember crystal Pepsi. I liked it. It was only out or like 2 months. Do they still have code red mountain dew?