Dunwich SuperFuzz Clone Board Buy In

Started by dunwichamps, March 29, 2012, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I can already solder and have a soldering kit, I just can't figure out 'what' goes 'where' when looking at a schematic.

Maybe that will change after building a couple of BYOC.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bloodofkings

Someone get me a drawing. Pencil sketch would be fine. I can design the enclosure, create solid models of it. Give an exploded assembly drawing with a bill of materials and detail all the parts. Hole layouts the whole 9. Did I mention I'm a mechanical engineer?
I can't crap for shit.

dunwichamps

Quote from: bloodofkings on March 29, 2012, 02:56:06 PM
Someone get me a drawing. Pencil sketch would be fine. I can design the enclosure, create solid models of it. Give an exploded assembly drawing with a bill of materials and detail all the parts. Hole layouts the whole 9. Did I mention I'm a mechanical engineer?

nice man! im an EE

Good compliment on the forum

VOLVO)))

Im a hack Luthier! This forum rules.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

Ill draw up some shite today. Architect (in training) FWIW. Non-standard yet pedal board friendly, comin' up.

dunwichamps

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 29, 2012, 03:08:31 PM
Ill draw up some shite today. Architect (in training) FWIW. Non-standard yet pedal board friendly, comin' up.

something with 1590bb width would be nice IMO but ill work with what ya got

dunwichamps

Lumpy

I'm a graphic artist, I can make a decal or silkscreen design, if you want.

VOLVO)))

Wow. Shit's getting real. I feel like the only limitation on the design should be univox orange/blue...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

VOLVO)))

The SRL Fuper Suzz or zzuf repus

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

heh, I could actually screen print the things...

dunwichamps

grimniggzy

Baltar

Broke, plus I have two fuzzes already.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

bloodofkings

I can get them anodized blue, orange is a tough one to pull off for my metal finisher. I've had to send it back more often than not when he's done orange. What shade of blue? Get me a sample of the color.

As for the drawings, send them to my email. I believe it's on my profile here. Preferably a DWG format 1:1 model space. Makes my life easier when I go off that.

Bear in mind that there are some limitations with sheet aluminum that thick. I have to use certain bend radii or I risk cracking at the bend. Now that doesn't mean it'll fall apart out of nowhere, just it looks terrible when it cracks on the outside surface of the bend. That's actually a gripe I have with the new Way Huge pedals. The anodized aluminum looks amazing but as soon as I saw the bend radius and how small it was and noticed the stress cracks, I was a little miffed. Nothing makes me nuttier than hack sheet metal work.
I can't crap for shit.

The Riffer

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 29, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2012, 02:35:21 PM
Im down for assembly work, once the proto is done. If I get a basic layoot, and wiring scheme, I can slam 'em together for the less tech-inclined. Mark, will Jason do smaller runs of pedals? Can he screen onto powdercoating?

Doesnt the SF have a somewhat low output volume? That needs to be addressed...

already addressed in the first post, adding a clean boost, maybe SHO

Jason might do it, I'd need to ask.  Screeening on powder coat=no problem

I guess I didn't see that it's a modified circuit.
Not so sure I'm into it if it's modded. I am looking more for a un modded clone type thing.

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 29, 2012, 02:50:48 PM
i seem to be making projects all over the place. well I first have to make a pcb which would be nice if people could double check it. also in order to design pcb I need to know dimensions of enclosure 2
Stick with a 1590bb and a double sided pcb.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

mutantcolors

OMG...the "FUPA FUZZ"

so bloodofkings, what kind of machining limitations y'all got before I get too silly?

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Riffer on March 29, 2012, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on March 29, 2012, 02:46:55 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 29, 2012, 02:35:21 PM
Im down for assembly work, once the proto is done. If I get a basic layoot, and wiring scheme, I can slam 'em together for the less tech-inclined. Mark, will Jason do smaller runs of pedals? Can he screen onto powdercoating?

Doesnt the SF have a somewhat low output volume? That needs to be addressed...

already addressed in the first post, adding a clean boost, maybe SHO

Jason might do it, I'd need to ask.  Screeening on powder coat=no problem

I guess I didn't see that it's a modified circuit.
Not so sure I'm into it if it's modded. I am looking more for a un modded clone type thing.

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 29, 2012, 02:50:48 PM
i seem to be making projects all over the place. well I first have to make a pcb which would be nice if people could double check it. also in order to design pcb I need to know dimensions of enclosure 2
Stick with a 1590bb and a double sided pcb.

i can make the clean boost option and all mods are just component switching then u can sill build stock circuit

VOLVO)))

It's still he superfuzz, though, Mark, it's just got dat dere little boost so it's not such a whore when you kick it on and lose all of your volume.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

Ah man, you can draw it sharp if ya want. I have to use a minimum 0.060 inside bend radius on 0.090 thick aluminnum sheet and even then it could crack. Then I step it up to 0.070 to reduce it. But if I go to large this enclosure will wind up looking like a rectangular jelly bean. Would locations of jacks and knobs a lot to ask? I can figure it out readily but some guys here might know some magic about placement I don't. I will of course throw a drawing together so you guys can tell me what you like and don't like.
I can't crap for shit.

mutantcolors

seeing aw switch/jack/knobs make a pedal I was planning on putting em in...I have this upside down cross idea that keeps recurring...THE CRUCIFUZZ hahaha.

Oh man...The Fupa Fuzz, box shaped like a gina. Over the top.

Lumpy

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.