Started by franksnbeans, April 26, 2012, 03:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I think gibsons are fag guitars.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Who wants to talk about reliced guitars?
poop.

the diddler

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 26, 2012, 09:43:16 PM
I think gibsons are fag guitars.

i KNOW they are.  why else would i have so many?

VOLVO)))

I had A Fender roadworn tele that made me feel like such a douchebag. I sold it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

But you sell everything. Who are you kidding?
poop.

Hemisaurus

Is no-one going to answer the guys question about finish?

franksnbeans

alright, I was thinking of getting a flying v, but you all almost convinced me not to.  Gibsons all have the same homo-douchebaggy tone anyhow.  Those hagstrom guitars look pretty cool and they're a good price.  

Are there any other good options?

VOLVO)))

I dont sell EVERYTHING.

What finish question?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

Hagstrom rhymes with FAGstrom. Jussssaynnng  

Jake

There seems to be a leap in logic somewhere along the way.

I said that there are absolutely some good Gibsons out there. Soup to nuts, good guitars. But, I qualified my answer by saying there's definitely some stinkers out there, they've strayed from more traditional woods and techniques, and they are not cheap.

And I really don't think any sound homo-douchebaggy. Unless you plug into the new amplifier, the Douchebaggy™ by Homo.
poop.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Jor el on April 26, 2012, 08:52:06 PM

I want to put an Apple™ sticker on my Gibson™.

Should I be ascared aboot ruining the finish?

I,Galactus

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 26, 2012, 10:09:19 PM
Is no-one going to answer the guys question about finish?

*sigh* fine.

Relicing new guitars to replicate play wear that wasn't actually caused by play or wear is the weakest of all possible sauces.

Relicing guitars to make them look awesome is awesome.  Example before & after.

Happy now?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

kirky

^^^^^^^^

please explain....cause that looks killer.

I,Galactus

Quote from: kirky on April 26, 2012, 10:31:00 PM
^^^^^^^^

please explain....cause that looks killer.

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=24979&hilit=elwood+content

Don't know much about it as I lurk moar @ yon ILF.  Apparently username Masked Elwood is responsible for that badassery and it's Detroit inspired.

*edit for link fix
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Jake on April 26, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
And I really don't think any sound homo-douchebaggy. Unless you plug into the new amplifier, the Douchebaggy™ by Homo.
Google that, you get this.

RAGER

Fuck all you haters.  This ma #1.  Best guitar I've played to date and I own it. True love
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

The Gibson LP's I have played,play nicer and sound better than almost any stock derivative. The good ones have even more than those will ever have. But if you're going to spend 2k on a guitar be sure to test drive a whole bunch of the fuckers.

Ayek

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on April 26, 2012, 04:16:08 PM

Misplaced bridges

I know a guy who had that, it was a custom shop, too. The dude who looked at it was able to spin the bridge around which restored order to the universe. Fuckin shit thing to happen on an expensive guitar. Same guy had manufacture issues with a tuning peg on a 12 string Ric, so it ain't just Gibson.

moose23

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 26, 2012, 08:03:41 PM
Including the majestic moose

I'm still rocking both my Gibson SG and my Maison Les Paul. I love how the Maison cost me more, hahaha.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Jake on April 26, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
they've strayed from more traditional woods and techniques, and they are not cheap.

Not so much straying from trad woods an technique, but sticking with them an missing all of the point. Keeping using woo when you can't get quality woo, and chambering it to make up for the deficiency, and still not sorting their headstocks out is sticking with tradition but making a shittier product because of  it.

Quote from: Ayek on April 27, 2012, 01:18:17 AM
Same guy had manufacture issues with a tuning peg on a 12 string Ric, so it ain't just Gibson.

RIC are worse. Tech mentor has one on the bench to have its truss rods out and was asking if I could sort videoing it to show how they are done wrong. Fender get it right, when someone starts making awesome upgrade parts, they buy them and fit them to some models (Highway ones with Badass bridges, various Dimarzio loaded, sig models etc.), RIC just threaten legal action for people making things in a compatible shape.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

the diddler

If the lesbo bassist plays a fag guitar, do the competing gay vibes cancel each other out, or multiply exponentially?