Main Menu

Hot Deals

Started by Lumpy, February 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Baltar

clockwork green

You can buy a house in Detroit for the price of that V4. Why do prices still go up in a recession? I got my V4 for $350 or so.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lumpy

Quote from: clockwork green on May 09, 2012, 12:32:47 PM
You can buy a house in Detroit for the price of that V4. Why do prices still go up in a recession? I got my V4 for $350 or so.

Not everybody can get an amazing deal like you did.

The V4 half stack is a square deal, but not a steal. 550 for the head, 200 for the cab. Seems right on.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

That music man seems pretty reasonable. I saw a local music man 65 combo going for about the same price but with a broken Vibrato.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Corey Y

Listed prices keep going up, no one's buying. I've been trying to sell my B120 over the last year, for less than I bought it for 8 years ago. No serious bites AT ALL.

dunwichamps

if you want you can plop a for sale on my facebook wall (dunwich that is)

Lumpy

Quote from: Corey Y on May 09, 2012, 02:19:26 PM
Listed prices keep going up, no one's buying. I've been trying to sell my B120 over the last year, for less than I bought it for 8 years ago. No serious bites AT ALL.

It's a buyer's market now. And everybody thinks their crap is worth more than it is.

Corey Y

That's very true Lumpy, there are a lot of people who point to ebay listings as indicators of worth and I've seen the same insanely overpriced listings stay up for over a year, no one's buying them. I've seen a Sunn stack up on ebay a dozen times for at least quadruple what it's realistically worth. I've seen an aluminum neck Kramer that keeps getting listed over and over for over $2000, I sold mine for I think $500 and felt good about it. On the other hand, I've had people offer me $400 for my Sound City and you couldn't by a new tube amp half as loud, good sounding or reliable for that price these days. I've found great deals, seen stuff that until recently was low price listed for insane amounts, sold good gear dirt cheap to make space, made money flipping gear and been low balled on really choice pieces. It's all over the place.

I would take you up on that Nick, but I don't have social medias. Do you have any ravens or carrier pigeons you can have carry the word out for me?

dunwichamps

Quote from: Corey Y on May 09, 2012, 03:02:15 PM
That's very true Lumpy, there are a lot of people who point to ebay listings as indicators of worth and I've seen the same insanely overpriced listings stay up for over a year, no one's buying them. I've seen a Sunn stack up on ebay a dozen times for at least quadruple what it's realistically worth. I've seen an aluminum neck Kramer that keeps getting listed over and over for over $2000, I sold mine for I think $500 and felt good about it. On the other hand, I've had people offer me $400 for my Sound City and you couldn't by a new tube amp half as loud, good sounding or reliable for that price these days. I've found great deals, seen stuff that until recently was low price listed for insane amounts, sold good gear dirt cheap to make space, made money flipping gear and been low balled on really choice pieces. It's all over the place.

I would take you up on that Nick, but I don't have social medias. Do you have any ravens or carrier pigeons you can have carry the word out for me?

I can do it personally just send me ur 411

Baltar

Just a quick addition, those amps are for sale are actually in Waterford, not Detroit.  Waterford is around 24 Mile Road, not 8 Mile.  Waterford is actually in a rural area.

Hemisaurus

Dunno if this is a deal, in the sense it seems rather weird. The Bugera BVV-3000, their Ampeg SVT clone, $578 (usually at least $700) brand new, with free shipping.

http://www.grabcart.com/product/Other/Other/mdleeinstrument-bugbvv3000infmbug/Bugera-BVV3000-Infinium

nightterrors

Quote from: Baltar on May 09, 2012, 10:43:59 AM
V4 half $750

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/3004324025.html

the v4 half I used to have I picked up in Buffalo NY for $750. Ending up selling it for $1200 I think. It was a good day.

VOLVO)))

Herbie, I still haven't heard a single goddamn peep out of anyone with those Bugeras, you know the skinny? played one? anything?

edit:

had to search and search to find it. Doesn't sound BAD, probably isn't played like we would, either...

edit2: there is seriously not a fucking thing related. I think we should as a collective buy one of these motherfuckers, and see if it's up to snuff.  ;D ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Fuck it, I'm finna go pick up a Bugera head of some sort if I can find one cheap. What do I open up and immediately change/fix?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

its probably an all PCB amp. Plop some nicer tubes in if the ones that come in it suck. If the pots arent attached to the board you could replace them. Not much you would probably do to make it nicer

Mr. Foxen

I've been trying to score a bugera head cheaply s/h. I'm a guy noteably good at getting valve heads cheaply second hand, and I've not been able to. People must be real happy with them when they get them.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dunwichamps on May 11, 2012, 02:58:57 PM
its probably an all PCB amp. Plop some nicer tubes in if the ones that come in it suck. If the pots arent attached to the board you could replace them. Not much you would probably do to make it nicer

What you mean like the Ampeg, that thing is a horrible design, with multiple PCB's and PCB mounted tube sockets, yet people love 'em.

Sunn, that particular model, haven't seen in the flesh yet, what is interesting about it is, if you look back at Nick's spreadsheet, you can't get 300W iron for less than about $300-400 the pair, and that's the cheap stuff (Weber for instance), another $200 for the cheap, cheap tubes, y'know Russian power and Chinese pre. A chassis is another $100. A head case is another $100. So even if you did a Hovercraft and stripped it, you've still come out a winner (if you wanted a 300W amp). Mercury charge $400 just for a PT or OT :o

VOLVO)))

Im serious, you kids wanna drop some coin and buy one? At least so we can get it, gutshot it, do proper demos, and send the fucker back? We need a jamroom youtube channel...

:D

I wish the world was like this for real, it probably wouldn't work out properly.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 11, 2012, 03:49:46 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on May 11, 2012, 02:58:57 PM

What you mean like the Ampeg, that thing is a horrible design, with multiple PCB's and PCB mounted tube sockets, yet people love 'em.

Sunn, that particular model, haven't seen in the flesh yet, what is interesting about it is, if you look back at Nick's spreadsheet, you can't get 300W iron for less than about $300-400 the pair, and that's the cheap stuff (Weber for instance), another $200 for the cheap, cheap tubes, y'know Russian power and Chinese pre. A chassis is another $100. A head case is another $100. So even if you did a Hovercraft and stripped it, you've still come out a winner (if you wanted a 300W amp). Mercury charge $400 just for a PT or OT :o

i never dissed the amp, merely explained that modding such things is difficult and often fruitless. If you wanna gut the amp down and just use the iron thats not an awful idea for much work to be done.

Despite Ampegs poor PCB design they had awesome iron.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dunwichamps on May 11, 2012, 04:46:26 PM
i never dissed the amp, merely explained that modding such things is difficult and often fruitless. If you wanna gut the amp down and just use the iron thats not an awful idea for much work to be done.

Despite Ampegs poor PCB design they had awesome iron.
No it wasn't that I'm just imagining you've never had to work on one, it's a bloody rats nest, stupid design ;)

Lumpy

Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 11, 2012, 09:58:31 AM
Dunno if this is a deal, in the sense it seems rather weird. The Bugera BVV-3000, their Ampeg SVT clone, $578 (usually at least $700) brand new, with free shipping.

http://www.grabcart.com/product/Other/Other/mdleeinstrument-bugbvv3000infmbug/Bugera-BVV3000-Infinium

If you don't buy from an authorized dealer, the manufacturer won't honor the warranty. I guess that won't matter anymore, once you start tearing it apart...

Hemisaurus

Not even if you send in the registration card? I've never had to get a repair, but their tech support has always been good with questions, or at least Behringer was.

Lumpy

It depends on if it's an authorized dealer. Behringer may do things differently, but many manufacturers will not honor a warranty on something that was purchased outside the licensed network.

Chicken/egg scenario? If you try to price match with a company that boasts they will beat anybody's price (at Musicians Friend for example), they will not match prices from sellers like "hotdealzz.com" etc because they are not licensed, and don't have the same financial stake in the product if it fails.

VOLVO)))

Behringer comments on user videos on youtube. I like behringer.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.