Main Menu

Hot Deals

Started by Lumpy, February 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardofcthulhu

I know next to nothing about older Charvels, but I know Windstein used to use 'em, so this axe is straight up gorgeous to me.  Nice price too.  The only one listed on Ebay (coinidentally, also in Pittsburgh) was buy-it-now for over 4 bones. 

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/2249850276.html
Peace through volume.

Chovie D

Mine  :)

$550

1967ish Fender 800. "it dont work which is why its so cheap" well it took about 5 minutes , some tri-flow, and a couple bong hits to get it workin for me.v  ;D

VOLVO)))

How would that be shipped/is it e9th? I wonder if I can find ze monies...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

It aint for sale. I just bought it saturday.  MINE MINE MINE.

Its E9th but you can tune it however you want. Unlike modern steels, fender cable steel are easy to change tuning/copedant.

I thought we were posting 'hot deals' so i posted  a "hot deal"  I actually scored.
If I had posted it BEFORE i scored it, someone else may have scored it first.

you can get a modern steel for about $1000 if you are patient. You dont want one of these old ones to start on.

this one is an extremely rare model (ten strings sibngle neck cable steel)and they go for a bout $1200 if you can find em at all. There juts werent many made. i see one a year on ebay.
This one was plucked from Craigs List locally.

VOLVO)))

Baaaastard. I want one so badly. So expensive, though...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

Honestly, i was in the same boat as you. Wanted one really badly, couldnt justify the expense. When my pops died, i took $700 from my "inheritance" and bought a brand new Carter Starter fropm musicans friend. The guitar broke within a week so i sent it back. BY then i had found a teacher and he found me a replacement steel for $900, a pro model I still use today, everyday.

Its a leap of faith to spend that much money on an instrument you dont know if you'll be able to play or not. so glad, I made that leap tho. changed my life for the better.

If you ever get to the point where you want to take the plunge, and have about $1200 to invest, lemme know, I'll help you find a decent steel.

johnny problem

Lumpy

Ampeg 8x10 bass cab allegedly owned by QOTSA and used on their Songs For The Deaf tour. 500 dollars, Los Angeles.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/ampeg-810-8x10-svt-bass-cabinet-w-custom-white-grill-cloth-qotsa-766520/
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

Danelectro Fuzz (Frantone Peach Fuzz clone) $30
Danelectro Chicken Salad vibrato $25
Ernie Ball volume pedal $65
Digitech Death Metal $20

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2779249-READ-THE-RULES-OR-GET-BANNED-Weekly-spam-thread-5-9-11&p=42968713&viewfull=1#post42968713

Lumpy

Elderly Instruments has a sale, 20% off all effects. (Free shipping on most purchases over 65 dollars)

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/cats/135N.htm

Coupon code 35221

Good until 5/25/11

Some of their list prices are too high to begin with (Way Huge), but others are what Musicians Friend would charge (EHX, etc) so in that case, 20% is a deal... if you wanna buy new.

Baltar

I was in Elderly 15 years ago buying my first Big Muff.  A lot of the guys in there were cunts.  Some middle-aged dude was on my ass pretty quick trying to sell me the "hot new" Dano FX Fab Dist, the big one, made of metal.  I start playing and he says something like "whoa, outta tune".  I was tuning down to C pentatonic at the time.  I told him, that I wasn't a blues lawyer and E was for sissies.  Anyway, I walked out of there with the Green Muff for $60.  They had some Prescription pedals at the time and maybe a few others.  But they were very overpriced and didn't give a shit unless you looked like $$$.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Lumpy

Epiphone Gothic SG G-400 in the TalkBass classifieds
165 dollars shipped, or make an offer.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f139/fs-epiphone-sg-g-400-model-set-neck-777491/

MikeyT

^ That is a good deal.

You think it's safe ?

I'm used to dealing on ebay. They can take the $ back out of an account if someone tries to pull a fast one.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Lumpy

Quote from: MikeyT on June 12, 2011, 10:30:08 AM
^ That is a good deal.

You think it's safe ?

Absolutely safe. If you look at the dude's log-in name, underneath it says the number of TalkBass deals he has (32) and his percentage of successful deals (100%). TalkBass has all his contact info and they provide some accountability, too. They do hundreds of deals there every day - I don't remember anybody ever complaining that they got ripped off.

You have to be a member of TalkBass in order to PM the guy. It only takes a minute to sign up. You can't list your own ads without paying for a membership though - I think it's 20 bucks, but that's not what you want to do. You just wanna send him a PM, tell him you're interested, ask any questions, and then get his Paypal info.

It's a great place to buy gear IMO, people flip gear there like crazy. Some people want to sell their stuff for too much money, but not always ;)

VOLVO)))

Those goth SG make me a sad panda... they're just... meh.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 12, 2011, 06:06:07 PM
Those goth SG make me a sad panda... they're just... meh.

Really? What's your glitch? (quote from "Singles")

MikeyT

Thanks for the info, Lumpy. It's good to have alternatives.

It's a great price for a G-400.
It's hard for me to hold back when the deal is that good, but I really shouldn't spend anymore this year, and I think my next SG should be a Gibson.

EDIT: Just remembered the Goths are cheaper (owing to the finish, apparently). Still not a bad deal, though.

MikeyT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG400-Gibson-Toni-Iommi-pickup-/120734756961?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c1c5a3061#ht_720wt_930

^ Almost pulled the trigger on this one. An Iommi in the bridge is all I'd need.

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

RacerX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweet! Is that a laminated top on that or a two-tone lacquer job, Neutron?
Livin' The Life.

Mr Neutron

It appears to be a 2 tone lacquer, as there is some bleed over around the neck pocket.

light, sounds fantastic, plays well. Buying that made me a fan of Korina guitars (even cheap multi-piece ones)

RacerX

Definitely a unique look. Wood grain & butterscotch.

Korina is a great tone wood, agreed. The Korina V's and Explorers rule.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

That sure is purty! Any notable upgrades?

Gold hardware really looks it's best when paired with korina with those finishes, IMO. It really pops on there.
poop.

Mr Neutron

Yeah, tone pros T.O.M.

duncan '59 in the neck, Duncan Pearly Gates neck pickup at the bridge.

This sticker sits on the lower left of the body, dramatically increasing sustain.

scratch and sniff pig shaped sticker that says "ham" between the pickups (tone for days, dude)

Eventually, id like to replace the tuners with wafflebacks. probably swap out the pots too. but currently there's no money for such shenanigans.

Plus, ive got my eye on one of those Epi Korina Firebirds.