Main Menu

Hot Deals

Started by Lumpy, February 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

GC is selling that nice little acoustic b200mkII 15x1 bass combo for $299. 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200mkII-200W-Bass-Combo-Amp-107901498-i2497477.gc

Lumpy

This dude has a used Pharaoh for $115, and a used Digitech Whammy 4 for $65 (which includes shipping and AC transformer) so that's bro pricing (those whammys are heavy, so shipping is prolly $15)

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=48185

Nobody cares...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

Quote from: Lumpy on September 02, 2015, 12:35:08 AM
This dude has a used Pharaoh for $115, and a used Digitech Whammy 4 for $65 (which includes shipping and AC transformer) so that's bro pricing (those whammys are heavy, so shipping is prolly $15)

Nobody cares...

re: the pharaoh. for a couple bucks more, if you buy it from BAT new, you benefit from the lifetime warranty.

Speaking of BAT,I have to ask mark if he looks for worthy retailers for his pedals. this place by me "royalton music" would be a good fit I think. they mostly give lessons and sell all orchestra instruments too AT LIST. everything in that store is list. there were like a half dozen kids waiting for lessons in the back areas. I had a brief moment of envy of the high school dude there with his cello.
every year they get a national award from the music world as one of the best music stores in the nation.

fender vaporizer was $399 and even all their cables are list.  I obviously wont be buying my guitars from them heh. but I would buy my uber-boutique pedal from them since those aren't big-box throwaway shit regardless of where they get sold from.

Lumpy

A new Pharaoh is $168.

jibberish

115 +shipping. for $40 difference I would want a new one.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: Lumpy on September 02, 2015, 12:35:08 AM

Nobody cares...

THE ORANGE MAKES IT!
if he put that on reverb it'd be gone in a day man.
why does it hurt when i pee?

Lumpy

Quote from: jibberish on September 02, 2015, 10:38:53 PM
115 +shipping. for $40 difference I would want a new one.

Shipping is included. $53 difference.

The better deal is the Whammy for $65 - I think I bought mine (used) for $100 or more.

RacerX

You're talking to a dude who uses sticks he finds in his yard to hang his cables on, Lumpy.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

He clearly didn't even look at the ad, because it says that shipping is included, in the first sentence.

RacerX

Shut your mouth—jibby always knows best.
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

you're right lumpy. as soon as I saw triple digits in the price I kneejerked. the whammy is a deal. the pharaoh at $65 would also have been a deal.

a pharaoh supreme for $100 would be a deal.

btw, here are those sticks that have served me incredibly well and get compliments from everyone. and don't forget , the game was to make something from scavenged stuff.

VOLVO)))

I use stuff i find at yardsales as guitar cabs.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

^ ended up looking totally classy too. nice job. good score. can I have it?

VOLVO)))

Had this in it, too. 6V6.

The original speakers sound real great in that thing. Two 4s, and a 6x4.

Was using these old high school announcement system speakers, they sound awesome, too.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

scoring the woodwork pieces really is 90% of the battle.   those school PA cabs look super versatile. make little monitors laying them on their back or a little stack of 1 by whatevers.

Do you ever see those giant fako rack systems that were all the rage in the late 80's-ish?  they had one chassis, but the front panels looked like separate components. they were nasty cheap garbage. they all came with these insanely large 15" 3 ways. the cabinets were light and sort of flimsy.  they were very shallow and almost always ported to try to cheat some bass out of that super cheap 15" woofer....

the speakers is what I am interested in.  I think that poor full range bass performance is EXACTLY what guitar speakers are supposed to sound like, at least on paper, so I need to either try it myself when I finally score some(hey today is Thursday haha) or get the 411 from someone else who has tried them.

VOLVO)))

Woodwork! At any rate, Every odd looking speaker box, old radio, little amp, you name it... Less than a 20 dollar bill comes home with me.

Before:

After:

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

at first I was thinking that we derailed this thread, but actually no.

scavenged speaker cabinet material is always a hot deal.
and it doesn't get any hotter than when it is for free.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy