Main Menu

the gig flyer thread

Started by liquidsmoke, January 24, 2013, 03:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Quote from: eyeprod on August 18, 2013, 05:43:42 PM

7 bucks?! Just realized I was in the area around this time. Stayed at a hotel in Arcata the night of the 7th or 8th and had some food and beer at a bar. Should have paid closer attention to this thread.

Jake

poop.

RacerX

Satanic squirrels, apparently...

:D
Livin' The Life.

eyeprod

Nice looking flyers, but why the psuedo-satanic theme? Does that make the music more metal or whatever? Those cliches are a little stale, but the squirrels do lighten it up a bit.
CV - Slender Fungus

RacerX

If, by "lighten it up a bit," you meant "push it into the realm of complete & utter absurdity," I concur.

I'm still chuckling.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Skulls are out, upside down squirrels are in.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

yeah, I did mean make it silly, I think that was his point, but to me upsidedown crosses and pentagrams somehow implying evil or darkness/whatever is more laughable. At least the squirrels aren't stale imagery.

Outdated christian fears do not scare me. They make me (and my kids) laugh. nice looking design, though, no doubt.
CV - Slender Fungus

Lumpy

I think the humor is implied there.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

OF COURSE it makes the music more metal.

Those flyers are not meant to be funny. Those are meant to strike fear into the heart of Christians. You won't be laughing so hard when The Great Satan is summoned via the power of heavy metal and destroys all that do not kneel before him.*

*Squirrels will get a pass, though. Since they're cute and do people things with their hands.
poop.

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

Cursed71

Jake

poop.

Danny G

Some really awesome work here.

And yes. Squirrels of Satan FTW!
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Dylan Thomas

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

agent of change

Gonna post these all over town at hippie co-ops and crystal shops

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: agent of change on April 28, 2015, 10:10:19 PM
Gonna post these all over town at hippie co-ops and crystal shops

;D

everdrone

lol @ the squirrel banter!!! :)