PS4

Started by Ryno, June 11, 2013, 12:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno

PS4
Since we have an Xbox One thread, I figured I'd put this here.

Press conference revealed a $399 price tag.  Lot's of talk about old games and new ones that look pretty bitchin.  
And speaking of bitchin games, this was also shown at E3.  The trailer itself has been months in the making.  

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

bitter

WTF?!?!? that game looks tasty as hell.

Not terribly stoked about the controller shape just yet. Hopefully, it will be comfortable.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

eoin_not_ian

Controller doesn't look great but whatever. The proof will be in the games.

tossom

I look forward to buying a ps4 in 2016.  Still only just starting to make use of my ps3! ;D
"Beige rock"

Ayek

This time around they seem to have some decent games at launch. It took about a year before the good games arrived on ps3

johnny problem

Quote from: tossom on August 24, 2013, 04:38:04 PM
I look forward to buying a ps4 in 2016.  Still only just starting to make use of my ps3! ;D

Ha! I'm waiting for this to be released because I'll finally be able to afford a PS3.  Maybe it's just shooting myself in the foot, but we'll see.

mortlock

what are the best driving games. especially where free driving is concerned??

Jor el

Am I really gonna have to buy one because of Star Wars Battlefront ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

Pros:  Star Wars Battlefront

Cons: No Backward Compatibility
         No SACD
         Rarely us the PS3

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Yeah, I don't use my PS4 enough but when I do it's pretty awesome. Lame that it isn't backwards compatible since they stupidly went with their "super powerful" Cell processor bullshit with the PS3 and switched to a normal architecture for the PS4. All I ever really play are the NHL games. There are some fun indie games though.

I was a huge Killzone 3 fan and 4 is pretty awesome but just not as fun as 3. And yeah the PS move controllers were fucking incredible. Rivaled mouse and keyboard. Wish they kept up support for FPS games. Bloodborne is super cool but hard as fuck. I got into Blacklight (free to play FPS. I spent maybe $30 on weapons) and still play CTF here and there. Also they finally added a DNLA media player so you can play your network media library while you play.

Supposedly Driveclub is a decent racing game and a "free" version comes with PS+. I haven't even tried it yet though.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Jor el

Okay.

Any ideas on how to get the fucking PS4 to ootput motherfucking audio for fuck sake ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

socket

socket

I bought Firewatch on PSN today. Seems pretty cool. Just an interactive story. Sort of like those Telltale Games games, but different. Downloading... Will play and report back.

Jor el

The PS4 is the purrrfect shape for a door stop.

What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

socket

tossom

Quote from: tossom on August 24, 2013, 04:38:04 PM

As predicted, I now have a ps4. ;D  I only own pro evolution soccer 2016 so far in terms of games, looking forward to a decent racing game.
"Beige rock"

Jor el

What's the story with the VR ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

I got it. It's pretty fucking cool.

I've always been an arcade racing fan... Never really into Gran Turismo, etc. Driveclub VR is fucking awesome. It's making me want to buy a driving wheel to play it with. It is really fun. Most of the stuff I've tried is also really well done. I bought Battlezone which is fucking incredible, too, but a little overpriced.

The wife is even impressed. That says a lot.

sleestak

It's really cool.  Amazon dropped mine off today.

Jor el

Do I have to buy a PS camera?

What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

Get the launch bundle it comes with one

socket

Yeah spend the extra $100 and get the $500 bundle. It comes with the camera and 2 move controllers which are pretty much required for some games. Yeah there's a dumbed down mode typically but it sucks. The camera is required no matter what.