Fourth of july menu.

Started by RAGER, July 01, 2013, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

What's cookin for fourth of July?  I'm going super duper traditional.  Gonna have cold fried chicken, traditional tater salad, traditional deviled eggs, prolly fire up the grill for some brats with kraut and mustard and tons of beer.  And ifr I'm not too drunk I wil perform "The Star Strangle Banner" from my porch again.
No Focus Pocus

ladysloth

hahaha. one year, i got to see a toddler drink a beer for the 4th of July on his porch. good times were had, CPS was unaware.

my main focus these days is lobster and brussel sprouts on the grill. dude will have a steak, there will probably also be brats and chicken.

Chovie D

burgers. I should do brats and beanage too I guess.
Mrs D is making some weird ass cocktails

fuck Im hungy right now dammit

ladysloth

ass cocktails? we seriously need to double date sometime

Chovie D

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mertzy

We're doing chicken...anyone have side suggestion? I already made cole slaw and corn salad...I'm sick of potato salad...anyone?

deleted account

Budweiser beer.  in the star-spangled cans

mortlock

im going all american. starting with the genesee can [which is better than the bud can], dogs, burgers, italian sausage with onion and peppers.  mac salad and beer and weed and fireworks smuggled in from pa.

mortlock

I also need to clarify on the dogs. zweigles red and white.

ladysloth

Quote from: mertzy on July 02, 2013, 12:07:35 AM
We're doing chicken...anyone have side suggestion? I already made cole slaw and corn salad...I'm sick of potato salad...anyone?
i love potatoes cooked on the grill. either split them in half or thirds, drizzle with olive oil, cracked pepper, and sea salt - rub it all around- rub it with a crushed garlic clove first if you one handy. yeah baby, like that ;) then wrap them in foil and place the cut side down, it will get good and brown and crispy. if you're having company or feeling fancy - have a potato garnish bar: different kinds of cheese (i love brie or blue on my potato), of course BACON, fresh herbs, lemon and greek plain yogurt or a tzakiki like sauce for the light eaters. or have it spicy style with limes dipped in chipotle, salsa, sour cream, jalps or whatever fresh peppers you have about, roasted red bell pepper, fajita chicken from the grill. oh and BUTTER. ok i know that's not totally original or all that interesting, but it can feed a lot of people for not that much cash. i've heard you can do this with parsnips too, but have never tried it.

mertzy

Somebody's been watching the cooking channel ^^^^

RAGER

Quote from: ladysloth on July 02, 2013, 10:59:35 AM
Quote from: mertzy on July 02, 2013, 12:07:35 AM
i love potatoes cooked on the grill. either split them in half or thirds, drizzle with olive oil, cracked pepper, and sea salt - rub it all around- rub it with a crushed garlic clove first if you one handy. yeah baby, like that ;) then wrap them in foil and place the cut side down, it will get good and brown and crispy. if you're having company or feeling fancy - have a potato garnish bar: different kinds of cheese (i love brie or blue on my potato), of course BACON, fresh herbs, lemon and greek plain yogurt or a tzakiki like sauce for the light eaters. or have it spicy style with limes dipped in chipotle, salsa, sour cream, jalps or whatever fresh peppers you have about, roasted red bell pepper, fajita chicken from the grill. oh and BUTTER. ok i know that's not totally original or all that interesting, but it can feed a lot of people for not that much cash. i've heard you can do this with parsnips too, but have never tried it.

nice post girlfriend!  Great simple ideas man.  I'd like to do this for a little gathering we're gonna have later this summer.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I think I have one more day of eating tater salad and then I'm done for a while
No Focus Pocus

ladysloth

awww, too bads :(. one of the upsides to making baked potatoes is that they can quickly become CRASH HOT POTATOES. that sounds, just so rockin, it has to be Australian. i don't like plain ole reheated baked potatoes, but adapting this recipe for them is damn good and less time consuming that tater skins. of course, add bacon and other fixins - just oil and salt and pepper is a bit too bland for me.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

RAGER

Thread resurrection!  Rise!

Gotta work for a short while today. Kind dumb but...........

Got these Teton grass fed beef hotdogs and some brioche buns. Might do a couple shrimp rolls with the brioche. Cooked off the taters in heavily salted water yesterday morning for a salad. Not sure what type yet. Cooked off a couple pasta shapes this morning for salad. Mediterranean in nature cuz that's what I have on hand. Nary a Thai dish to be found today. I think. Maybe just one Hmong link on the grill.

Then I guess we'll walk over to a friends house to stand outside and have a social distance drink. That's about it.

My drunken rendition from several years ago I've posted before.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Tonight will be genny beer (same as before in thread), potato salad and smash burgers and something else on the side. Havent made final decision yet, need to discuss with my lovely assistant. Most likely will be baked beans of some sort. Ill report back with pics if im not too wasted. I got a stash of fire works left over from last years rain out.

sleestak

Cancelled our annual 4th of July bash for the first time in 13 (14?) years.   Keeping it simple with grilled burgers and zucchini and cold Iron City light.

Be safe yinz, happy 4th.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

You're smart. I'm sure this is the case with most smart people who host holiday parties. It's the dumb fucks that don't cancel 

I used to to have big gatherings. I don't like anybody anymore. So this year it's easy. Don't even have to say no.
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Smash burgers with mayo mustard pickles and onions.
Potato salad mustard mayo olive oil green onion and cilantro.
Can of pork and beans.
Lots of people blowing shit up on the beach. I tried blowing a few things off in the back yard but were run off by the mosquitos. We retreated back to the comforts of the air conditioned living room.

RAGER

Oh you live by water. Me too. The mighty Columbia River.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Weiner sandwich with cheese and kraut. Bushs grillin' beans bourbon and brown sugar. Tater nickles

Muffin Man

Was down at the seashore 4th of July weekend.