Recipes--Your Specialty

Started by black, September 28, 2011, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Pork skewers on the tao. Marinated with Golden Mtn., fish sauce and a paste of cilantro root, garlic, white pepper, galangal and lemongrass.

Over sone jasmine with assorted phak sot.  Notice the ultra rare occurrence of broccoli. Might never see it again but I had to use some up.

Fresh roasted chilis from the garden

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Heirloom pies last night. Dough turned out weird and baked weird. I used a different yeast as an experiment and I think it over fermented. Still tasty but nothing I'd pay for. In fact if I bought this in a pizza joint I might never go back there.

Garden fresh heirloom varieties.
Paul Robeson, Juane Flamme, and Carbon adorned with garden fresh basil and pecorino

The base is fresh made pepita o basil pesto and a mix of provolone and mozzarella
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

following suit I picked up serrano, roasted them on the glasstop. Box rice with salsa, black bean, fresh ground Sichuan peppercorn and chili oil crisp. Franks wing sauce chicken fingers marinated in buttermilk. I just need to adjust the cooking in the peanut oiled dutch oven, was at 425F. ended up poaching them since ton of liquid came out. still good!

RAGER

Very down home dinner last night.

Made a Gratinéed corn, bacon and serrano dish with 3 cheeses. Corn off the cob. Cobs were slow simmered with Parm rinds. I utilized that liquid to deglaze the corn and aromatics. Basically a fancy creamed corn. Grilled chicken thighs on my new used Nexgrill I just got and 'mater slabs.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Smoked some salmon this weekend.  
I made Ina Garten's smoked salmon dip today for lunch.  I like her recipes. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/smoked-salmon-dip-recipe-2106505

I didn't put enough salmon in it, because of how I had portioned my packages.   The first pack was the runt.  and it also could use a little spice kick in my view, though i put hot and spicy horseradish in it.  I think I'll doctor it up a bit.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Oh, I put more salmon in it a some scotch bonnet sauce.  Brought it to life!  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

I hoped for smoked Black Cod but here is Alaska smoked Sablefish (they say its the same) jalepeno havarti, champagne grapes (best thing on the plate) mortadella (best thing on the plate) honey crsip apple, sichuan pepper peanuts. The "havarti" is  yummy.

RAGER

I often get a hankering for som tam but don't always have green papaya on hand so. Use sone cabbage in its place and add a couple other things like cukes and green onions or green beans instead of long beans.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

This is a common Chinese style dish served Thai style in Thailand. Works great now cuz I've got a glut of tomatoes.

A good ratio is 80 grams tomato per one egg. FYI your average Roma weighs approximately 80 grams and a big heirloom slicer weighs about 400 grams.

Medium dice tomatoes and stir fry with fish sauce and white pepper until a little moisture comes out and evaporates but not until mushy k?  Remove from pan and set aside.

Mix your eggs and a little fish sauce and have some sliced scallions ready and chilis if you're brave.

Medium heat add your eggs and immediately swirl around and keep them moving. While they're still a bit runny add back in your tomatoes and scalp and heat through while the eggs finish cooking. Plate and enjoy alone or over rice or with some Woodsman Taters like I'm gonna do later.

These are from the other day.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

well. it was an okay start but basically scrambled eggs, need to work on that.
sauteêd canned Rotel diced tomato (238g), white pepper, fish sauce, sesame oil, serrano pepper, forgot the garlic, Ra Nog shrimp flavor, 4 eggs, over Chinese wide noodle, shitake mushroom (boiled with noodles). Veal cutlet, dried parsely.

oh yeah, crushed mini cucumber 30 min. cure in salt and sugar (forgot the rice vinegar) was for a side but I tossed some in late.

I din't get the broth correct because I was sleeping at the cooktop, should've added some broth...or uh use fresh tomato. but the flavor was good!

Muffin Man

oh, and RAGER's Ginormous.chopsticks. made for a perfect noodle-tool! yeah, man!

RAGER

One of my specialties for sure. Makin sumthin outta nuthin. Kellie wanted a hot breakfast instead of the usual.

Had some tots leftover from the other day so I ran a knife through them and used my ring molds to make hash brown buns for an egg cheese sandwich. Also whipped up a roasted tomatillo salsa for her.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Khao soi gai, cabbages som tam, khao niew.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

Somebody on another place I posted this said that no fast food place uses taters as a bun like this. I found that hard to believe
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Not that I know of.  But you know, McDonalds is the only one I know that makes hash browns as a cake, I think.  And who hasn't slapped a sausage patty in between two of those?
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

if anyone did it it would be Jack n the Box ? They do the wierd stuff ie 2x99 tacos. Mysterious but declicous but greazy. They don't even try to hide the grease, like they're proud of it or something.

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on September 09, 2023, 06:41:36 PMif anyone did it it would be Jack n the Box ? They do the wierd stuff ie 2x99 tacos. Mysterious but declicous but greazy. They don't even try to hide the grease, like they're proud of it or something.

That sounds about right. They did to weird stuff. Used to like it 30 years ago.

My ground beef mama tacos be leavin that sleaze greezin down to yer damn elbows. Try me foo.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

It was a great idea nonetheless. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

jack in the box tacos are the best fast food taco in the business. bar none.

Muffin Man

I try ya foo. I don't recall have an elbow dripper but the concept is spot on. good one! I trya foo. sure!

RAGER

Been meaning to do these for a minute. It's my take on the "Mom Tacos" at Tulip Shop Tavern. Shredduce on the bottom, beef taco meat, queso con chilis, Valentina.

Definitely in rotation and not an authentic taco at all. Delicious.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

hell yeah, that is taco perfection.

RAGER

Spent a good portion of the day yesterday cookin enchiladas suizas pollo verde with red rice and black refritos.

Verde from green tomatoes and tomatillos.

I used the Rick Bayless technique on the rice where you ta started on the stove and the final is n the rice cooker. Turned out pretty good although I used Thai jasmine rice if course.
No Focus Pocus