Recipes--Your Specialty

Started by black, September 28, 2011, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

Dayum, Rager is fucking Raging in this thread. :D

Kale slaw recipe?

RAGER

Din din last night.  seared venison this time, greens from the garden, Greek fish stew I made, some local gorganzola, and some other tidbits

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Gigi on June 08, 2012, 01:21:49 PM
I need to make potato salad this weekend...any recipe suggestions?

I kinda burnt at the moment so I'm not gonna go all out but i wanna steer you in the direction of a more sour cream based potato salad rather than lots of mayo.  Think aboot some horseradish too.  Good luck.  I know cook tonight.  My girls's taking me oot.  Ceviche and a margarita is in my near future.
No Focus Pocus

Gigi

I did in fact find a recipe similar to what you're saying...I'll report back...I'm having a bit humus & tabouli tonight with a little bit of pita bread out at the pool with the neighbors...refreshing...

joyce

a.

anton chigurh

M

MadJohnShaft

Do you have one that includes a baby?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

astroman

would love to see more recipes.....that was the point of the thread after all

ez

Quote from: Instant Dan on May 30, 2012, 08:31:10 PM
Anyone got a good recipe for spicy pulled pork? The last time I made it, it was dried out.

I only do pulled pork in a dutch oven, but a 2kg pork shoulder with the fat on top, only dry rub - no marinade, no brining, with a cup of whatever liquid you want in the bottom (beer, apple cider, apple juice etc.) at 180°C for 5 - 6 hours in the oven always yields great results.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

RAGER

the other night I made some stuffed poblanos.  Tonight I'm gonna do some a different way leaving them whole like you would see in chiles rellenos.    Here's the ones from the other night.

The same day I made a bunch of chile paste from some assorted dried chiles like pasilla,arbol, california, and guajillo.  I been using it for sauces and stuff.  I also made some enchiladas.  Don't think I got pics of that.  using the paste as a base for braising the pork to go into the poblanos.  I'll make a different sauce to set the peppers on with the same paste then I'll make a little turmeric lime crema for the top.  here's the paste.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I am stuffed with stuffed poblanos.  The sauce on top is a turmeric lime crema
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

that (and the one before it) looks outRAGERously good.

you got this shit goin' on at the restaurant?

and what the fuck's up with that blog for fuck's sake?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Gigi

Ok...this week I'm gonna attempt tortillas...any words of wisdom or recipes? Rager..Rager..

astroman

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use plastic grocery bags somehow....that's all I got

I,Galactus

Quote from: Sally on July 10, 2012, 09:57:12 PM
Ok...this week I'm gonna attempt tortillas...any words of wisdom or recipes? Rager..Rager..

Got one of these?

That's all the wisdom I got.  Best of luck!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Sally

Quote from: I,Galactus on July 11, 2012, 07:53:38 AM

Got one of these?

That's all the wisdom I got.  Best of luck!
I don't have one. My tortillas are gonna end up oval and screwed up!

I,Galactus

Quote from: Sally on July 11, 2012, 11:37:51 PM
I don't have one. My tortillas are gonna end up oval and screwed up!

Tell 'em that's part of the handmade charm!  They're not lumpy, they're made with love:)
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

GodShifter

Damn straight (round). Let em' be what they'll be. It doesn't matter if they're perfectly round. As long as they taste good!

RAGER

There's bunches of stuff on youtube about making your own tortillas.  It's actually pretty simple.  No press?? Just go get one at a tienda.  They're cheap.  You do need some heavy duty plastic wrap or some wax paper though so the masa doesn't stick to the press.  Good luck.  It's fun.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

We got one of them and a bag of Masa flour, you do need the plastic sheets to get it to work though, from what i SEEN on Rick Bayless. 

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Sally

Quote from: GodShifter on July 12, 2012, 12:10:46 PM
Damn straight (round). Let em' be what they'll be. It doesn't matter if they're perfectly round. As long as they taste good!
Is your mind in the gutter or mine?

GodShifter

Uh ... both?   ;D

I really did have the best of intentions with my initial response

yeezuz

i made kale with potatoes, smoked bacon, corn and bell peppers. fresh kale from the 'rents lil garden. i am going weekend after next to pillage indian peaches and all sorts of garden goodies.