all things SYNTH & KEYBOARD thread

Started by jibberish, November 30, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose23

William Orbit is the guy behind Ray Of Light, he's pretty well known electronic composer/producer in his own right.

RAGER

Picked up a Korg MonoTribe of CL yesterday.  It has a midi I/O mod and Boss style power jack added.  I'm also going to add some switches for muting drum and synth parts.

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

you have a pretty serious dub-step rig with all that sequencing power now.

you HAVE to get it all going apeshit at once. you just have to.

edit:definitely going to see what else that William orbit dude has done. I like his style.

Beta Cloud

THE NEW MINIBRUTE HAS A BRUSHED ALUMINUM FINISH, WOOD SIDES, AND A SEQUENCER. FUCK ME WITH A HAND BLENDER.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/MiniBruteSE/intro.html
why does it hurt when i pee?

jibberish

HAWT!.. look at the sequencer specs.

but only once or you may have to clean your keyboard

I just said fuck it and threw mine away, fwiw.
heh

hey! maybe we get to see truly why rager is named rager in 4.... 3.... 2.....

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

Thanks for adding to this to the top of my GAS list.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

The Minibrute SE, only then I watched a video presentation for it and they're limited to 300? derp.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

eyeprod

have you seen that Roland aira series? pretty awesome looking stuff. I want that vt-3
CV - Slender Fungus

Beta Cloud

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on March 15, 2014, 05:47:08 PM
The Minibrute SE, only then I watched a video presentation for it and they're limited to 300? derp.

in stock now at sweetwater-
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MiniBruteSE
why does it hurt when i pee?

RAGER

I've got enough stuff to keep me confused for a while.  Doesn't mean I'm not gassin for this Tele I got my eye on and some Doepfer stuff though.

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

ahhh roland is finally making noise. thx for the tip.
I have huge respect for roland. they have had some of the best synths all along.
I was puzzled by the Gaia. if it sounded cleaner like a minibrute, but could still do all the gaia stuff(which is actually fucking awesome, lumpy has access to disco's I think) it would be stellar.  

tip: listen to more synth demos.

ok I will!

edit
ya, started watching a roland system-1 demo and the first thing the dude mentioned was the 96khz hi def sound and filters. evidently I am not the only one who felt the gaia wasn't that good sounding. this new roland sounds beautiful and the dude went right after the filters and LFO's to test the fidelity. from what little I heard, it sounds really smooth.

so , ya, let's just all explode our brains and be done with it.

jibberish

this dude sold this to anyone who makes the mistake of watching this video haha. I was laughing my ass off. it's the new vocal processor vt-3 from that aira series. the dude rules. the module rules.

RAGER

I think I see a system 1 and vt3 in my future. Not entirely sold on the drum machine yet. I really want a full analog one.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

the microbrute still looks like the killer accessory synth of ever. I absolutely want it to send the korg audio through while I am tweaking arpeggiator settings on the korg.
I cant tweak filter settings at same time, but I can if it is going through the brute, so that is a done deal.

I would have the microbrute, except I am pushing to finish this music room project that has been on-going for w/e 15 months now.   I am about to burn another mini synth worth of cash in home depot here shortly on lights and wire and hardware/stain etc.

I do need to hear these new clean rolands in person. I hate crap in the circuitry. working with hi end stereo for all those years fucked me up in that regards. now I key on it from habit , which sometimes sucks.

that vt-3 is like nothing I have , or have ever had to play with. haha. everyone should get one of those for their next birthday all across the world.
how could anyone NOT be laughing their ass off within 5 minutes of firing that goober up?

eyeprod

I needthat vt3 to do freaky voices in my band. I can play several different characters with that toy... I will have one
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Been searching the web about the Aira stuff.  It's funny that the Brits are intent on pronouncing it Eye-ra when it seems quite clear it's a play on words to be pronounced as Era.  Either way the opinions swing way one ways and clear the other.  Either hate or adoration.  I'm still unsure if I need the bass or the drums.  I will however have the Vt-3 and the System-1 as I feel right now.  Unfortunately my local synth store is not a Roland dealer so I'll have to either play one first at guitard center and buy it there or try one out there and order one from a mom and pop place somewhere.  but I don't like ordering large sensitive electronic equipment to be thrown around by a Fedex or oops driver while en route to be left on my front doorstep.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

Yeah, I've noticed that too, about the pronunciation. I'm in full agreement that it's ERA.

My initial impulse is to get an analog drum module too, but I think that aira model might be cool for live performance. Like you said, gotta get your hands on it to know for sure. They look so fucking cool! I want them all just to look at them and fuck around with. In a pretty foam lined case....just like in some of the demo videos  ;D
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Nobody has the damn AIRA stuff in stock around here yet.  Not even the VT-3.  Beings it's only a couple hundo I might just order one but I have to play the other stuff first.  i thought I wanted a Novation bass station II until I played one.  Meh

Check out the modded case on this MicroKorg.  Think MicroMoorg.  I'd love to do this and add a full size keyboard er... i mean at least full size keys.  maybe only a 25 or 32.  Anyways check it, it's super cool

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

I just don't like that little korg. the mod is neat. I already have the korg soundset, and that vocoder is lame compared to Yamaha or that new vc-3.

it boils down to the mininova for me to get the novation sounds and that wicked ez2use arpeggiator

try ordering vc-3 from sweetwater maybe

eyeprod

Rehousing stuff is almost always cool. I've got a friend who spliced a microkorg to an organ foot pedal key-set. All via CV. Pretty rad. He also built a drum kit into a suitcase. I need pics of that stuff.
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

That would be cool if you got some pics.  Found another stupid little bass synth module I want.  Shit at $130 you can't go wrong.  my shruthi has been playing nice with my Mini/Microbutes and my monotribe.

Meeblip Anode

http://meeblip.com/
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Got a meeblip anode earmarked for me when they come. Gonna go check out the Arturia key lab controllers today. Using my micron to control the supernova right now but I want to be able to use the micron on its own as it is a pretty bad ass little unit in itself.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

microbrute $288 at B&H, may pull the trigger

edit: rager, take another look at the korg volca bass. I like the synchronizing oscillators. seems like a good slave module too. also moog has that one little bass module down to like $650

personally, I think moog is watching it gets its ass kicked by this flood of synths that are plenty comparable at a fraction of the price.
sweetwater has deals and bonus shit to go with almost every pricey moog they stock.  today, $2500, you could get so many synth modules that do so much..or one nice little moog that cant touch that other pile of stuff.

dave smith gets it. he is a premium synth brand. yet he has a slew of nice price wicked modules. fun to watch this whole corner of industry roll.