Post Your Jams, Improvs, One-Offs and Practices

Started by Dave J, January 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Redacted. Made the corrections in the other posts.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Dong, you need to spend $1200 for the d"ummy load" if you care aboot your amp. ie Unversal Audio OX. (edit, another big important forgot I name, will edit, Oh, the VHT guy, Steve) has one. Two-Notes, another. $$big-buck$$ solutions. You must pay.

try this questionare for fun. *=(not a dummy, but virtual/computer interface. A decent start.
https://audient.com/interface-finder/

The audient is not what you asked for but...piping a real amp is Not going to happen.

Lumpy has it.

I'll send yo a free POD Studio GX - a computer interface single input guitar amp faker computer interface - it's good enough for popcorn. PM me deliery addreess, anonomous, no sig - If you're a nerd with the computer you'll be off and running. If you're not a comptuer nerd then. not worthwhile.

Lumpy

^^ Oh that's a nice offer  - the Pod guitar input. That's like a $35 value (saw that on Reverb.com). Good way to get up and running. Dong you should take him up on his offer.

I think the super expensive studio interfaces might have nicer digital converters, but I doubt my ears would be able to tell. You could spend money on a nice preamp, but it's not like we care about beautiful clean tone - it's fuzz rock, it's not like an acoustic piano recording. There is no clean tone.

RAGER

Rivera Rock Crusher is a good load box too. It's been out for a while so should be fairly cheap used. UA OX is nice too but big money and prolly overkill.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

RAGER

I think I bought one of those fryette jobs when I was looking for attenuators. I've got two ultimates but only use one. I outfitted my Marshall with a MV. I use one on my Orange.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I used to have a 1x12 VHT (Fryette) combo amp, it was a darned if you do darned if you don't kinda amp. I should have kept it. I still have the Ultimate attenuator - should have never bought it because I don't use it - but maybe I'll get it out and try it, now that you mention it.

/lol

neighbor664

I love my little Katana. I use it dimed in the 1/2 Watt setting with fuzz and it sounds like I am punishing a JCM800 full stack. I can't imagine why I would ever use a big amp at home again.

Lumpy

neighbor664

RAGER

I thought about buying one of those but this stupid rig works so good. My ex best friend gave me that Pandora box probably 15 years ago used then but it still has its uses.

No Focus Pocus

dong ytown

Man I got a lot of info in this thread, and I understand it from the YouTube videos I was researching a couple weeks ago. Yeah I'll build everything cheap for now, just gotta get the electric sound captured, it's the rhythms I need to build a collection of, you never know when they'll come.

I also got a line out on this combo amp next to the headphone jack, see how that works straight to a laptop or interface, then try straight from my pedals. I'm thinking 1200 on a new laptop that will last a few years, my laptops hardly work. I need to record everything and cut later, I could be working on scales exercises and a rhythm jumps out of nowhere, and if you stop to hit record you already lost it.

Bookmarking those websites to check out later..
Mayor of Y-town.

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

haha. Nice one! Looking at your avatar and clicking on that^ I immediatley thought of a Jodorosky movie.

Stonergrunge

Audio only. Instrumental theme recorded on July the 3rd, 2020 on an iPhone 3GS. No external microphones were used.

This is a very mellow tune compared to the other songs and instrumentals I usually upload to the web.
Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

Audio only. Instrumental theme recorded on July the 7th, 2020 on an iPhone 3GS. No external microphones were used.
Fuzz is love

Lumpy

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Lumpy on July 10, 2020, 01:07:27 AM
Are you in a band? You should be in a band.

Well, unfortunately no one here gives a flying fuck about my stuff so no, I'm not in a band, in fact it's been decades since the last time I played with a drummer and a bass player.
Fuzz is love

renfield

Dude I think your stuff is tremendous, let's start a band immediately!

Lumpy

It's hard to find the right people, for sure.

Sometimes I wonder if it's better to teach a friend who likes the same music but can't play, or to find somebody who can already play and try to influence them to like the same kind of music as you...

Muffin Man

Put a poster up. Guitario needs additonal instruments.

renfield

Do you notice that when you go like a week without playing, your improv is off the fucking charts?

neighbor664

Quote from: renfield on July 14, 2020, 12:29:53 PM
Do you notice that when you go like a week without playing, your improv is off the fucking charts?

If playing is telling a story, the interim between jams is for collecting stories to tell.