Holiday recipes

Started by renfield, November 12, 2018, 09:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimjom

Yeah Lumpy, I agree and think the only things that nonstick is good for are eggs and omelettes. I've owned one cast iron skillet and completely fucked it up and didn't season it well and got rid of it after using it just a few times. My grandmothers each had some pretty mean skillets though that probably never saw a drop of water. I'm sure that one of their kids not my parents rifled through their possessions shortly after death and took them or threw them away. I need to look into stainless.

All in all I was happy with the dish despite my less than ideal cookware.
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Lumpy

You can make scrambled eggs and omelettes in a stainless steel pan, just keep the heat sort of medium/low (a good idea for eggs, too, you don't usually want high heat).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jimjom

Quote from: socket on January 03, 2019, 11:01:08 AM
No grape jelly?

I'm almost out and actually have to get more tonight because I'll be eating a lot of PBJs whilst traveling or work this weekend.

Jor el

Takin' Care of Business

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

mortlock

Jor el

Can Grape Jelly be used to season the Pan ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

jimjom

Moar pork. Needs more green or red. But great chops.

mortlock

Quote from: jimjom on January 21, 2019, 11:14:07 PM

Moar pork. Needs more green or red. But great chops.
looks amazing.

jimjom

RAGER

So who's doing what for thanksgiving this year?

I'm really dumbing it down this year. Only having a few people over. They want traditional. Not even doing a whole bird just breast and rib portions and two drumsticks. Roasted with crispy skin. Garlic mashers and bomb ass gravy I've already started on. An updated green bean casserole, scratch cranberries sauce, and scratch rolls.

We'll start off with a variety of cured meats and cheeses and some onion dip I will make today so it's really melded by tomorrow. Will also have some fancy wines and cellared beers I have on hand.

Then the $34 punkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.

You?
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

I made a pumpkin cheesecake yesterday. 
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

Right on. I've found that cheesecakes are really good after they age about a week in fridge.
No Focus Pocus

socket

Green bean casserole - recipe from the container of onions and I'll add some other shit.

RAGER

I'm doing a different kind of green bean casserole but I'm using the French's onions.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

I'm 100% off the hook this year, plane touches down like an hour before dinner

RAGER

Thought I was gonna have to do Christmas again but turns out plans have changed. Whew!
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Applebee's? Get there early!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Just the two of us again this year.

Cornish game hens
Chicken gravy
Potatoes pave'
Braised chard
Cheeses
Cellared beers, gin drinks etc...
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

my lovely assistant has been battling some stomach issues as of late so we may not be doing much. at this point it looking like a salami sandwich for me and maybe a bowl of chicken soup for her, or cream of mushroom.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

Hope she feels better, D

I bought a duck, never cooked one before.

RAGER

I wish my wife liked duck. I'm sure you'll rock it. Savor the skin as a side.

Departure Bar here does a whole duck dinner serving it like 4-5 different ways as the meal progresses.
No Focus Pocus