Main Menu

what's YOUR band up to?

Started by justinhedrick, July 18, 2011, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

everdrone

cool brutha. I need it! :)

this is the best Orange Terror Bass demo that I have seen for my heavy sludge musicz:

Chest Rockwell

no-one sings in the Thorun band. i might say hello now and then. y'know 'me and the drummer are single, if there are any attractive single not mental women in the hizzouse tonight. word' and stuff.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

everdrone

I see Thorun played with Grand Magus for a show, that must have been fun too!

I dig the Thorun riffage, reminds me a bit of the band "Karma to Burn" that also does not have a singer and is riff heavy.

Chest Rockwell

yeah totally! they are the Godz of that 'thing'. we've been going 4 years and it's been slow going. we had some potential after 2 years but it's fizzling out now. kinda the difference between BUYING gear and TALKING about it, and actually PLAYING it and using it to WRITE and grow. Life happens though, what can yer do?!
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

liquidsmoke

First Emerald Douglas gig is set for December 12. Psyched!

Volume

Quote from: JemDooM on October 19, 2014, 05:43:23 PM
Warning is indeed awesome!! I've never heard anyone use the term emo when talking about any doom over here tho...

We just finished a four date tour in Finland with Horse Latitudes, it's been really amazing, the metal scene here is awesome, so many great bands, good gig turn outs, we visited a couple of record shops owned by guys from Beherit and Deathspell Omega, the stuff in them was unbelievable, so much good Finnish metal, been having saunas for the last couple of nights, there was one backstage last night so we had a sauna before playing at 1am! We've been lucky to have had such a good response, I can never quite believe it because I know we still have a long way to go, the HL guys are amazing too, so passionate about metal and they are truly amazing live, it's been amazing, I'm very tired now...

How did I miss that, who were you touring with?

We're having  a couple of 10 year anniversary shows. 10 years? Getting old. We're also doing a split with Enos from England. Should be out early 2015 and we're writing and recording stuff for a new album.

agent of change

Just got a very nice email from a booking agent who found our page through another local band's page. He gave some respect for what we're doing musically, and asked us to play a local show with a band he's booking from over in Charlotte. Seemed like a nice fellow; his site indicates he books lots of different kinds of bands and sets up tours. First time anybody's every contacted me like that. Felt good.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

showdown

The biggest national metal radio show in Norway listed us as one of the best/most promising bands of 2014.

So yeah, a bit of shameless self promotion here  ;D

RacerX

Congratulations to all of you experiencing some level of musical success these days!

I gotta get my shit together.  :(
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

Quote from: RacerX on November 26, 2014, 09:39:56 AM
Congratulations to all of you experiencing some level of musical success these days!

I gotta get my shit together.  :(

Corey Y

Waiting for me to join/form it. I'm thinking fourth dimensionally.

Danny G

Yes, congrats to those having good things happen.

Racer, if its any consolation, I have my shit together and still can't get anyone to give two shits (much less one) about my new band :(
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Andrew Blakk

Uhm, my band has finally started the recordings of the next album. Damn, it has really taking us some time to get our shit togheter.  ::) ;D

Pissy

Quote from: agent of change on November 24, 2014, 07:30:50 PM
Just got a very nice email from a booking agent who found our page through another local band's page. He gave some respect for what we're doing musically, and asked us to play a local show with a band he's booking from over in Charlotte. Seemed like a nice fellow; his site indicates he books lots of different kinds of bands and sets up tours. First time anybody's every contacted me like that. Felt good.

what Charlotte band?
Vinyls.   deal.

Danny G

Possible album art for forthcoming Ocean of Stars EP.

Artwork by yours truly. Cover photo via NASA/Hubble Space Telescope. Back cover courtesy yours truly.

Now to come up with $200-300 to print them... :/

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

Dylan Thomas

That artwork is cool.

We're working on some artwork for a t-shirt design, and for the cover of EP we released a couple years back.  We're going to do a run of like 100 physical copies. RalphSnart from the boards is doing the artwork, he did a lot for Black Pyramid, actually...

Aside from that, really looking forward to finally mixing the album "In The Afterglow Of Unity."  I really like the sound of it so far, once Justin Pizzoferrato gets his hands on it, it's gonna rule.  He's really excited about the reference mixes he's heard.  I'm predicting that 2015 will be a good year for Palace In Thunderland, and that we might actually manage to accomplish something for once...
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Danny G

Thanks DT

Just sent off for 13x18 generic OoS posters, as we (fucking FINALLY) have a gig coming up.

Baby steps. EP printing will have to wait til my finances pick up a bit, or I win the lottery.

Dylan Thomas

That artwork is really reminiscent of some of the Man's Ruin releases, Danny.  I really dig it.  It reminds me of like the first Tummler album's artwork, just to the point and such...

Danny G

agent of change

Quote from: Pissy on November 29, 2014, 02:18:45 PM

what Charlotte band?

Rita's Gift. They remind me of Shellac. They just cancelled the tour though cuz the drummer apparently broke his collarbone. So then the local venue cancelled the show. Bummed.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: agent of change on December 01, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Pissy on November 29, 2014, 02:18:45 PM

what Charlotte band?

Rita's Gift. They remind me of Shellac. They just cancelled the tour though cuz the drummer apparently broke his collarbone. So then the local venue cancelled the show. Bummed.

Bummer.  Sounded like a cool opportunity, and it's good to find nice, honorable people in the business to deal with.  That's a rare gift.

At least you have both the new contact, and the reinforcement that your band is doing something that is catching the attention of people in the scene and such.  :-*

liquidsmoke

The Orogen ep is done and another cassette deal is in the works! I prefer CDs but it's still something.