What the fuck should I make for dinner

Started by yeezuz, September 30, 2011, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Make this focaccia pizza sandwich. Garlic cream sauce, fresh mozzarella, salami, basil, squash.

I cooked those tomatoes down all day.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Im making a classic chopped cheese tonight. I plan on shooting it for an episode.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Did it. Coming soon. Sirloin chopped cheese. Fuck it was good.

RAGER

Fukn meatloaf tonight with Yukon mashers. Fuck it! 
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

Wow. Its really good. Ketchup horseradish brown sugar glaze.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

God like. Needs a green veg on the side but i could also just do double mashed.

Muffin Man

Is it okay to put celery in meatloaf? I will need RAGERS' recipe. Just took delivery of some $10/lb ground beef shipped in from the warehouse club, some kind of organic. It made for tasty onion smashburgers the other day, indeed. Good iron supplement. Looking forward to meatloaf for the holidays including leftover sandwiches, of course.

mortlock

No rules on meatloaf. You want celery, do it. I think it would be awesome.

RAGER

I didn't put celery in mine but it wouldn't hurt. I like my meatloaf to be almost like a pâté' and you get that with breadcrumbs and eggs in your mix. Mine was 2lbs beef and 1/2 lb pork. The horseradish in the glaze really stood out.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Inspired, i (she) made a meatloaf last night. It was small and its gone so no pics. Had mashed and fresh roasted brussel sprouts with it. I put a ketchup A1 steak sauce glaze on it.
It was good. 

RAGER

Golden roasted chicken thigh with Yukon mashers and schmaltz.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

You can put all sorts of crazy shit in meatloaf. A can of cream of mushroom soup. Any veggies you're trying to get rid of.

Muffin Man

That made me think of beef barley soup, or might try some brown rice, the fat puffy kind. Maybe en croûte?

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on December 17, 2020, 03:00:59 PM
Golden roasted chicken thigh with Yukon mashers and schmaltz.

The puddle disturbs BUT the first thing I thougt was yeah!, French Laundry. NIce bowl

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

'tis the season!

I was eyeing some Latke the other day.

RAGER

Uh. Morty. Ya might wanna check this out.

You'll be head bobbin

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Looks real good. I will say his choice of cheese left me upset. American only. Also, i do use pepper out of a can on burger. Funny a pepper snob would fuck the cheese selection up so bad. If you have that kind of attention to detail on pepper, how do you botch the cheese?

Muffin Man

Oh okay at 4:30 he flips with the onions ontop to under. I always started with the onions on the grill - smash into onions. His meat mix looks finer to, mine is coarse, I'll try his. Man I do need that spatual there, nice one.

Muffin Man

dangit. do not try at home. Who puts dry noodles in their pan!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on December 20, 2020, 10:50:35 PM
dangit. do not try at home. Who puts dry noodles in their pan!

Ok.  We need to talk about this. ;D

You can definitely do that dish as a one pan meal but you have to do things in different stages and do things one at a time and pull them out and then reintroduce them at the correct stage.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Sounds complicated but not as complicated as choosing the correct cheese for smashburgs.