What are you Drinking ?

Started by Jor el, October 08, 2011, 11:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

/dropped a bucket of gin rocks on the carpet. Don't care. I'll plug in the dehumidifier tonite.

socket

walked like 7 miles again today. took a weirdo walk at like 3am last night. was totally beat and passed out from like 7-10. guess i'll have one more. SUNDAY NIGHT WORK DREAD.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Muffin Man

Hop Valley "Cryo Stash brings the power of imperial and intensity of Cryo HopsĀ® to an incredibly smooth ale that will saturate your senses with passion fruit, mango, and orange hop character that's balanced by a candied cracker malt goodness".

8.7lbs

renfield

fuuuuuuuck i overdid it last night

RAGER

I stopped by 5:30 so I'm only a little fuzzy. I was well on my way though.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Ghostfish Stout. I think this is my first ever gluten free beer (prolly not, I just never looked it up). Beer man tells me its the only? gluten free stout on the market. Drinks more like a porter afaik, a little thin, but I'll be trying more of GF's offering.

Muffin Man

Deschutes Inversion IPA. No head or lacing? An apple note with an interesting papery dry finish.

Lumpy

Bells Oberon, one of my favorites. I've been drinking a lot of IPAs and pale ales because that's what they have at the store, so the first Oberon in a long time tasted kind of light in comparison. But them are good.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Tepache. I added some dregs from a 4 year old peach brett farmhouse ale for just a bit of inflection.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

That's cool, RAGER

Ninkasi Tricerahops DIPA weighing in at 8.0, IBU 85.

I've had a lot of their beers, at the pub from a keg was always a go-to and usally impressed. From the local locker  I've had many bottles and cans. This particular can is relatively, meh. The booze shows (too much IMO) but the body is less than a double as I would prefer it.

/ahshaddup

RAGER

That one mighta been ok 10 years ago but there are so many better beers around.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Seriously! It's really not up to snuff.

renfield

Ballast Point needs to stop wrapping their twelve packs in fucking packing tape. This is a party foul on the part of my drug dealer

RAGER

Ballast point is Big Beer so fuck them anyway.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Stone, I hope they"re still indy (ok, can says Certified Independant by Brewers Association). I know they are Huge, massive selection but always seems to pull off the small beer complexity. This one is a smooth DIPA with a impressively piney front holding out to a pine-pitch round grapefruit, balanced, kinda interesting. Actually, hmm, it's kinda feisty..and definately a double. Probably caution advised- 2 of these and yer gonna wobble off the bar stool, 3 would be hardcore.  Big value per 6 pack @ 16oz cans!

Weighs in at 8.5.

Hmm, can says its from their VA facility. I used to always go to their brewers showcases in Seattle when they traveled up, always had something daring and cool to sample.

Stones:

renfield

oh I get it, "fuck my life"

I didn't know Ballast was Big Beer :( never again.

RAGER

Like 1.15 billion. No shit.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

That pineapple sculpin though...

Stone is also a big brewery. They are available in so many ordinary grocery stores and delis in NYC. I like their beer, so I'm not mad about it.

RAGER

There are a bunch of big independent breweries. Block 15, Modern times, Stone, Ya know......support local when you can.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Man, when I look at the Fancy Beer department, I don't know what any of the beers are. I see all these fancy 4 packs for 16 dollars etc, and I don't feel like taking a chance on something unknown. How do you know what to buy.

RAGER

Buy a mix 4pack. Check out the brewery. Decide.  Support.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Also, ask the beer buyer to offer advice on whats in the cooler

Lumpy

This is at my grocery store, there is no beer buyer. Fancy beer is everywhere.

sleestak

Have you tried using the internet on your blackberry?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.