The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

try not to swear. Very xxx 90s diner. 11o% Bank ^

Lumpy

Those are good pics. You're a chef, not a food stylist.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

sleestak

What kind of cheese is that Chopsticks?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

It's American cheese with his Comeback sauce (mayo type). That drippy stuff isn't cheese (TWSS).

RAGER

Tillamook sharp cheddar. The sauce is a homemade dij dij dij dijonaise aise aise.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Tillamook. The Fred Meyer of cheese.

RAGER

For everyday Tillamook is pretty good.  I don't like that Bandon stuff.

I've had a 40 year aged Tillamook sharp cheddar.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

40 year holy smokes! Amazing. That's back when they had good cheese, my memory could be totally askew but that's what I remember (30 years actually). I've never heard of/ seen the Bandon stuff. My cheese game is really weak, though, admittedly.

RAGER

Made some oven ribs yesterday. Several hours at about 235. Homemade rub.

Progressing

Nice bark

Very tender

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

That's how I do ribs (apartment dweller in the big city). 250 degrees for like 4 hours. I wrap them in foil, then open up the foil at the end. I usually use commercial sauce mixed with sambal olek because IDGAF.

Same with turkey legs, i like them over-cooked. Wrapped in foil, baked for 3 or 4 hours.

mortlock

For some stupid reason i like pork chops overcooked.

RAGER

This is Texas style?  I guess. Dry rub no sauce. This is definitely NOT Thai style.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I can never seem to cook pork cutlets correctly. Chef's, what's the trick? Should I bread them or something? I'd like to bun them for a sandwich when done. /thx

RAGER

Do you pound them flat first? Cuz I think that's the type you're looking for. Like schnitzel.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Yes, I would absolutely prefer that, 100% everyday. But I have 1/2" thick cuts and no way to pound. Think pork steak.

Muffin Man

I have lime juice, butter, soy. It that a good saute for prok chop?

mortlock

im thinking you can pound out a half inch. use a nail hammer if you have to.

RAGER

1/2" chop us high heat like scorching 2 min max each side if that. I'd brine it first though.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

high heat and hit it fast and hard. get in and get out.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

So i made a regular cheeseburg (non smashburg) last night and it sucked compared to the smashburg. Dont get me wrong it was good and i ate it but no comparison to the smashburg. From here on out its smashburgs only for me.