The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

see, that's what I was saying..i knew you had some bombass version of this going on. post pics next time you make it. ill post a few of my attempt this weekend..i got it penciled in for sunday..

fuckin only rager would see my Italian sausage and raise it with the chorizo. nice move.

Lumpy

Mortlock I've made your recipe pasta with sausage, white beans, garlic and grated cheese a few times. It's really good (and filling). Good lumberjack food (a lot of calories!)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

its killer, def comfort food for cold winter nights. not a summer dish by any means..

RAGER

Thanks Mort.  It is a great idea but not my idea.  Them damn Spaniards no they shit.  It's almost calcot festival season there.  I'd like to be there some day for that.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

im eating the fuck out of one of these tins right now.

mortlock

yo rager..if one were to want to explore the possibilities of canned seafood. where would you start??

Lumpy

Here's an super easy clam sauce recipe... serves one. Takes about 10-15 minutes.

Get your pasta water boiling (the sauce takes about 10 minutes, the same amount of time as boiling your pasta). Add a half pound of pasta (or 1/3 pound, up to you).

Saute a few cloves of minced garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a large pan (do not burn your garlic). After a couple minutes, drain the liquid from a 6.5 oz. can of clams into the pan, add a shake of red pepper flakes, and and reduce on medium heat until almost no liquid left. (about 3-4 minutes). Add the drained clam meat, then turn off the heat. Stir. (You don't need to cook the clams, you just warm them through - cooking will make them chewy). If you timed it properly, you have about a 1/4 cup of reduced liquid with clams. Too much liquid means clam juice left over at the bottom of your bowl, and not on your tongue. Drain your pasta and toss it in the pan with your clam sauce. If your sauce is too dry (too reduced) then add a tablespoon of pasta water.

Plate/bowl, then serve drizzled with a shot of raw extra virgin olive oil (makes pasta awesome).

RacerX

New vice: I've been eating a lot of deep fried plantains lately, dusted w/ powdered sugar.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

That's a pretty solid little recipe there Lumpy.

Morty, not sure what I would do with canned seafood.  Sometimes I make salmon patties out of canned pink salmon.  there's a plethra of appetizer combos you can do with sardines and smoked oysters and the like.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

not sure if i posted this already.  viet lettuce wraps.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

not the most impressive thing ive seen you whip up..just sayin

RAGER

Not very showy but damn is that shit kill.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Isn't that cheating, with the kimchee?

>:(

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

JemDooM

Been to a Moroccan restaurant a couple of times lately, need to get cooking that stuff! I don't think they know the meaning of unhealthy, it was like superfood heaven, butternut squash dip, aubergine dip, falafel, a big pile of chopped up herbs, all kinds of salads, cous cous with loads of nuts and raisins and oil, yum!!
DooM!

MadJohnShaft

In Morocco, they would have monkey brains in there too. Mmmmm.... monkey brains.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

people only eat monkey brains in those faces of death videos..

RAGER

I rubbed this pork butt the other day with a nice dry rub with a bunch of secret ingredients and blasted it in the oven on 450 for about a half hour then turned the oven waaaaaay down to about 200 or so and never opened it up to look at for 8 hours.  I turned out beautiful and I forgot to take a pic.  Then I made a Carolina style sauce and we eated it on killer buns.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made these roasted chicken legs with sauteed kale last night.  Damn good.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made these chicken legs last week with some roasted tomatoes, some killer yukons and a salad.

No Focus Pocus

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

Meat Report:

I bought a $22 'pork shoulder' from the newest meat farmer stand at the farmers market. I spent Sunday preparing it carefully so I was going to cook it for 6-8 hours. It was weirdly red to begin with and it went up to temperature too fast.

It was BEEF.

It was okay but a smoked pork shoulder preparation is not good for a mystery cut of beef. It was maybe a brisket or a roast.

The Country Sausages I bought from another place were bland and boring. Mine had a big hunk of un-edible something in it.

The ham steak we have tried many times. I made this one maple syrup flavored and fried it in the fat that I had cut off of it. Totally.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

Whaaaaaat?!?!?!?!1111. You can't tell the damn difference tween beef and pork?!!??!!??11
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

yo rager..serious advice needed..not that youre a doctor, but I figure you might be able to help. I cant eat chicken with out serious stomache issues the next day. I can eat breast meat but if its greasy in any way, im toast. only chicken does it, chicken greasy kills me, not turkey, not beef, not fish etc..any ideas??