Avocado

Started by black aspirin, July 10, 2013, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

Cilantro is good stuff

deleted account

Quote from: black aspirin on July 10, 2013, 01:06:19 PM
Can you believe that other than on a sushi roll (where you don't really taste them), I had never partaken in an avocado in my 40+ years of life until a few weeks ago?  And now I cannot go a day without eating one.  Why didn't you tell me sooner?  Soooooo good.  I might have another one later.

Rock'n'Rolls?  with the eels?  you totally taste 'em

black aspirin

Quote from: priest on July 12, 2013, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: black aspirin on July 10, 2013, 01:06:19 PM
Can you believe that other than on a sushi roll (where you don't really taste them), I had never partaken in an avocado in my 40+ years of life until a few weeks ago?  And now I cannot go a day without eating one.  Why didn't you tell me sooner?  Soooooo good.  I might have another one later.

Rock'n'Rolls?  with the eels?  you totally taste 'em

They're in several sushi rolls that I've had.  But that's kinda how sushi is, to me...it's not that one ingredient that you taste, it's the blend of them all.

On another note, the avocado I had with my sandwich wrap and cottage cheese tonight was PERFECT.  I followed it up with a couple of Cutie oranges for dessert.  OK, four of them (I can never eat just two).
This Juan goes to 11.

Dr.Zayus

Avocado
chopped tomatoes
finely chopped onion
finely chopped jalapeño(more seeds for more heat)
finely chopped garlic
lemon or lime juice(to keep it from turning brown)
salt

That's what goes in guacamole.

deleted account

Ryno

Quote from: Dr.Zayus on July 14, 2013, 11:19:16 AM
Avocado
chopped tomatoes
finely chopped onion
finely chopped jalapeño(more seeds for more heat)
finely chopped garlic
lemon or lime juice(to keep it from turning brown)
salt

That's what goes in guacamole.

It's not the seeds that give you heat.  It's the veins inside. 

That's a pretty righteous recipe though. As for the cumin haters, I think a shake or two of good, freshly ground cumin does wonders for guac.  Adds a hint of sweetness to your scent receptors, but isn't actually sweet.  A little earthy too!
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

Sparkle Motion

Quote from: Lumpy on July 11, 2013, 08:20:20 PM
The lime or lemon juice replaces salt. You really don't need salt.

Also, upon further review, cilantro doesn't belong in there. And neither do jalapenos.

You always need salt
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

JemDooM

I like to make an avocado and banana milkshake, you should try it it's seriously amazing!
DooM!

Lumpy

Quote from: Sparkle Motion on July 14, 2013, 08:07:50 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on July 11, 2013, 08:20:20 PM
The lime or lemon juice replaces salt. You really don't need salt.

Also, upon further review, cilantro doesn't belong in there. And neither do jalapenos.

You always need salt

I figure there is enough salt on the chips.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

deleted account

avocado and salt is a marriage made in heaven.  do not force a hellish divorce

RAGER

Mexicans amply salt everything.
No Focus Pocus

deleted account

and they got the best food.  coincidence?

mertzy

Quote from: RAGER on July 14, 2013, 08:55:32 PMMexicans amply salt everything.
Not this Mexican ! I hate salt. Most of my Mexican family covers their food with salt, and all they all have high blood pressure.

Lumpy

Not this Mexican either!*

*(I'm not Mexican)

deleted account

I've eaten so much Mexican food they should at least give me an honorary degree

deleted account

I just realized all I ate today was Taco Bell and El Pollo Loco

Lumpy

You're an honorary Mexican and you eat at Taco Bell?  ???

deleted account

I mostly take out, actually.  and mostly because none of the local taquerias and roach coaches will sell me 5 bean burritos and all the sauce packets I can stuff into the remainder of that plastic bag and yet still leave room for way too many napkins as a makeshift lid for $5.95 out the door.  that's all-weekend eatin' for under 6 bucks my friend.  and still probably somewhat more nutritious than its serving size equivalency in ramen

RAGER

Has anybody suggested that maybe you should learn to cook?  Mexican food is super easy for the most part and whatever you cook on your own has to be way better than Taco Hell.  The asian stuff is a little more complex.
No Focus Pocus

ez

What's this no cilantro in guacamole horseshit. If you're one of those incredibly unfortunate people who are (supposedly) genetically predisposed to hating on that fine fine green then that's a pretty sad state of affairs - for you. But don't go saying it doesn't belong in guac.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

That's the same ingredient list I posted - dumb ass.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

Quote from: RAGER on July 15, 2013, 10:46:46 AM
Has anybody suggested that maybe you should learn to cook?  Mexican food is super easy for the most part and whatever you cook on your own has to be way better than Taco Hell.  The asian stuff is a little more complex.

don't have time to cook lately, and trying to save $ so I can make it to Portland in August on our "tour".  when I'm ready to cook again, Fart Soup is back in effect.

ez- cilantro is great, but like other great herbs it has no right to fuck up guacamole

MadJohnShaft

Meant Vegan dumb ass

deleted account

go toast more marshmallows, Shaft.  hey, try sprinkling some cumin!

MadJohnShaft