What the fuck should I make for dinner

Started by yeezuz, September 30, 2011, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Had the rest of ours for xmas then chucked the rest. I hate wasting food.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

"Wasting food is rude." - molly schuyler

RAGER

Man this was really good.

Schweinen sliden mit kraut und kasse. Salat.

Slice pork loin sliders with Swiss, mustard and horseradish on the buns and kraut of course. Mixed greens with herb buttermilk. Ouse made of course.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

Doesn't fit with the contained slider dealio but would be good though.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

It's what they'd do in Philly? Take out the kraut, toss in the rabe. I'm just going off memory on that. Our host said to skip the "wit" on the menu and let's drive to this little joint and get the pork/broccoli rabe. I though to myself NO but had to do it. Man that was the best ever. A real switch-up, mentally. A real food moment for me but I'd have to try it again to be sure.

Lumpy

Yeah it's a Philly thing, at some of the places that might also sell hoagies and cheese steaks. You get a little bitterness (and garlic if I recall) with the broccoli rabe. Slider buns might not be the best for that, it's hard to chomp through broccoli rabe. Remember MJS' Iron Law of Snadwich Bread (soft bread for soft fillings, hard bread for hard fillings)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

ah, yes. I don't recall the rabe being chewy but it proably was a little, given your insight. Might have been chopped up a little. I remember the pork being rather maybe wet but for sure tender, soft. Might be making it up but I think we got it with some jus or cup on the side or maybe it was just generaly wet. /thumbsup

Lumpy

I remember it being kind of fibrous and stringy.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

When i had one my biggest take away was how sharp the provolone was. Sooooo guuud.

RAGER

I don't wha hoppen but it was goooooood.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

WOW! A triumph! What is that like a carnitas? I need to get a tortilla press.

RAGER

It started as a 2 pound trussed boneless shoulder roast I rubbed with a Mexican styled rub kinda with a bunch of cabbage and onions. Then I pulled it apart , added more rub and some stock and let it go another couple hours covered at 250. Then I uncovered it and cranked to 450 to achieve a second "bark".

Those tortillas are like working with polenta but gave immense hippie dippie corn  flavor. Canned hatch enchilada sauce cuz I was lazy. Sorry.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Tuna noodle casserole, asparagus, mixed greens with buttermilk herb.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

steaks last night, and then a working dinner unfortunately

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

you guys live like kings. i had hotdogs with a can of store brand chili.

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Looking great. Just needs a side of tortilla

mortlock

Fresh house meatballs and fennel sausage from my local italian shop. My friend works in the meat dept there. Always hooks me up. Im going to be making a sauce soon.

RAGER

Mmm finicchiona. 

I always hate it when they say homemade.  It's house made.  If you made them at home that would be against food health code.

Just like house made mozzarella.  Bullshit!.  You bought the curd.  Making the curd is the hard part.  You just heated up the curd into compliance to be stretched.  I miss making cheese but it is sooooo time consuming.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I found my annatto seeds that I thought the wife through away. So tonight it's Belizean red recado stewed pork chops and rice.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Red recado stewed pork chops and rice. Tangy and just spicy enough. Belize! 

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus