Post Your Jams, Improvs, One-Offs and Practices

Started by Dave J, January 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Maybe you've interrupted your muscle memory or whatever, for subconsciously recalling "riffs I already know how to play"
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Quote from: neighbor664 on July 14, 2020, 08:34:44 PM
Quote from: renfield on July 14, 2020, 12:29:53 PM
Do you notice that when you go like a week without playing, your improv is off the fucking charts?

If playing is telling a story, the interim between jams is for collecting stories to tell.

I like that.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on July 15, 2020, 08:07:02 PM
Do you notice that when you go like a week without playing, your improv is off the fucking charts?

If playing is telling a story, the interim between jams is for collecting stories to tell.

I like that.

It's only rock 'n roll. Get real.

neighbor664

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 16, 2020, 03:37:08 AM

I like that.

That's as real as it gets, mother fucker. 

Lumpy

Quote from: neighbor664 on July 16, 2020, 08:39:49 AM
Quote from: Muffin Man on July 16, 2020, 03:37:08 AM

I like that.

That's as real as it gets, mother fucker.

That's a nice idea and rings true, except dude was talking about taking a week off. How many interesting stories are you collecting inside a week?

I still contend it has to do with a break in muscle memory. When you're jamming, you fall back on riffs that you already know how to play. Even free jazz players do that. But maybe those old riffs aren't so automatic when you take a little break, which leads to new solutions based on melodic ideas and not where your fingers used to feel most comfortable.

#bloviating

renfield

Maybe it's simply enthusiasm!

But I dig all the ideas

mortlock

My only current functioning band at this time. I make my lovely assistant hit the drums. She plays like the drum sticks are machetes and shes hacking up a body. Works for what i need.
https://mushca.bandcamp.com/music

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Thanks.  when corona is over we are renting an rv and touring the country. At least thats what im trying to convince her to do.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

renfield

God Has Twelve Dicks is a sticker on one of Jucifer's amps

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

mortlock

Mind Furnace Live in 1993. Rochester NY. 'Garbage Plate'

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Thanks man. Intentionally disconnected drums. Not an arpeggio playing but random triggered LFOs controlling the voices and some delay. The Peak really is a powerhouse. It's kept me from buying a Prophet Rev2. It would be nice to have a 16 voice though. I already don't utilize what I have.

Ok totally different. I actually recorded some decent audio of my Orange. 72 OR120 , 72 cab. I've got a mix of speakers in top cab but a Greenback is what is mic'd. Les Paul Classic 2006 I think. Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta humbucker in the bridge. Stock in the neck. Sm57 into iRig into Soundcraft MTK22's interface into iPhone.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Lumpy

Amp and les Paul got that familiar sonic buzz when you play two note chords.