Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

I got a ton of old movies on Betamax! Lately just watched..

Mean Streets

Taxi Driver

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

The Boy In The Plastic Bubble

The latter is one of Travolta's best! lol I watched it specifically for that one scene where they're smoking weed on the football field with PJ Soles.

It was a made for TV movie too. They wouldn't show a scene like that today.

Josh

Ad Astra. Man, I wanted this to be good. I really liked James Grey's underappreciated The Lost City of Z, so I figured his latest would be at least as good. Instead it's basically Gravity without nearly as much excitement and Interstellar without the hard science. It could've been way better. I almost thought it was going to be a Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now in space kind of deal, which, if done right would be awesome, but no, it's Brad Pitt's character dealing with daddy issues. Meh.

neighbor664

Lumpy

Dolemite is My Name-  a little corny in spots, but overall decent/good. Kind of like an uplifting 'for the whole family' movie in some ways, except with lots of raunchy cursing and some nudity.  B

[spoiler]He stole his act from a homeless guy.[/spoiler]

Gamechangers - documentary about how animal products are killing us, destroying Earth etc, and how you don't need them to build big muscles (just steroids I guess) or become an elite athlete. The movie proves it with several (several !) real life athlete examples, and a couple of experts back everything up. C
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Plywood

The Lighthouse was everything I wanted it to be and more. Hopefully Eggers can keep up with this kind of stuff before does romantic comedies or something.

Midsommar was... ok. It sorta limped to the end. Was hoping for more punch.   

renfield

I agree on Midsommar! But I did really like it when the old lady pumps his buttocks during the ceremonial impregnation.

jmucke

Parasite was the best movie I've seen in a long time.

And - I don't know why I even tried - Yesterday one of the crappiest I've ever seen.

stooge

i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

renfield

KNIVES OUT was okay. Ana de Armas is very easy on the eyes

CanookieWookie

The Mexican Terminator.  Awful shit. 

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

neighbor664

Revisiting one of my favorites.

Lumpy

"First They Killed My Father" docu-drama about the revolutionary Khmer Rouge taking over Cambodia in the early 70's, seen through the eyes of the youngest daughter in one family.  A-minus (although I can't really imagine what they could have done better.) And BTW a lot of Khmer Rouge members were teenagers at the time, meaning that they are still alive now, blending back into the population. (They're around the same age as me, MadJohnShaft or Racer X).

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

Did you ever see that one movie The Act of Killing? Shit was intense

whoshotthefrog

I really enjoyed this. Last 20 minutes of the movie was insane
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

dnice

in contrast to the more horrific, weird, and violent movies I tend to watch.....I caught this total tear jerker/heart warming completely true story film about a teenager that falls through a frozen lake near St. Louis, MO in 2015 and is under water for 15 minutes when he is recovered, and the story of him coming back to life. It's still hard to believe this happened.

dnice

Watched Annihilation (2018) tonight. If you dig sci-fi, this is a must watch. Very cool movie. Not perfect and you need an imagination but quite good. Same writer/director of Ex Machina

dnice

Another decent sci-fi flick. Solid acting fairly intriguing story. The ending pulled it together better than expected. Also, goes without saying, but Amy Adams is a babe

dnice

another heart string puller...hits home personally a bit, as I have a son with Down Syndrome. And can relate to the overall theme. Shia LeBeouf is actually very solid in this flick, the whole cast is actually.

socket

Watched Horse Girl the other day.

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

mortlock

Quote from: dnice on February 09, 2020, 03:43:45 PM
Another decent sci-fi flick. Solid acting fairly intriguing story. The ending pulled it together better than expected. Also, goes without saying, but Amy Adams is a babe

sucked

CanookieWookie

Quote from: dnice on February 20, 2020, 07:53:50 AM
another heart string puller...hits home personally a bit, as I have a son with Down Syndrome. And can relate to the overall theme. Shia LeBeouf is actually very solid in this flick, the whole cast is actually.

Great movie. 

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/