Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Id rather see marshalls and ampegs.

neighbor664

Quote from: mortlock on May 02, 2020, 11:20:02 AM
Id rather see marshalls and ampegs.

I'd rather see hear a band with a sense of humor that is so f'n awesome that they don't need to load the stage with prop amps and pretend like so many other arena scale bands.

renfield

I agree with neighbor, I really love it when bands incorporate Shenanigans into their live act

renfield

Holy shit they even have the rotisserie mic'd hahahaha

Lumpy

I worry that the chickens would be overcooked. Don't they play for like 3 hours?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

If youre vegan you cant be a rush fan.

whoshotthefrog

Dare I say that the Hitler character was hilarious.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

jmucke

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on May 16, 2020, 07:13:33 PM

Dare I say that the Hitler character was hilarious.

That was a lot funnier than I thought it would be - while the line "What did they do?"  - "Everthing they could." stuck with me on a much serious note. Next to Hitler/Taika Waititi Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson were great as well.

juan11

Bridge at Remegen (the making of story is cool)
Run Silent Run Deep
12 o'clock High
The Enemy Below

next up: Anzio
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

neighbor664

I can't believe I watched Short Circuit last night. It was just as bad as I remembered. Yolandi > Ally Sheedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mortlock

Stupid netflix movie the wrong missy. Funny as fuck. Lauren lapkus is my new favorite.

Lumpy

I watched The Wrong Missy based on your recommendation, it's like the 80s format juvenile comedy (Rob Schneider's in it, so that's perfect) but this time a lot of the dumb jokes are funny too. I laughed a bunch of times, so mission accomplished. Some cringey parts too, but not too bad. Lauren Lapkis is great as Missy.

Lumpy

Wikipedia says she's from Evanston.

whoshotthefrog

Despite the fact that the Coen Brothers didn't have anything to do with this film I was hoping it would be somewhat good. I was wrong.  This was pretty bad which was a huge disappointment. There really wasn't a plot to the movie and I rarely laughed. Besides seeing Audrey Tatou's tits at various points in the movie I think the best thing about was it was less than a hour and a half.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

neighbor664

Gilda Radner and Gene Wilder, need I say more.

renfield

It would be hotter to have seen Amelie's tits as Amelie

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on May 24, 2020, 02:10:56 AM
I watched The Wrong Missy based on your recommendation, it's like the 80s format juvenile comedy (Rob Schneider's in it, so that's perfect) but this time a lot of the dumb jokes are funny too. I laughed a bunch of times, so mission accomplished. Some cringey parts too, but not too bad. Lauren Lapkis is great as Missy.
heres another netflix recomendation. Hit and run. Lots of funny parts. Killer lincoln continental. The witness protection program officer is funny af and seeing bradley cooper in dreads was cool. Worth a watch.

Lumpy

So, I really like that Rush documentary. I've watched it three times, especially the beginning where it shows them as little kids, then they are playing high school dances, then they put out their first album independently and they get a regional hit. Up through 2112, that whole section is awesome (as a story). Touring with Kiss and UFO. Really up through Moving Pictures, which is the most important part of their career.

And then the part (spoiler alert) [spoiler]where Neil Peart's wife and daughter die and he spends a couple years just riding his motorcycle.[/spoiler]

I'm not that into their music - some of it is unlistenable, especially the long songs and the ones where they show off their chops like "YYZ". I'm not really a fan. I like some of their songs though. And I like Geddy Lee on bass. And their origin story is just great. I'm changing my review to "A".

Muffin Man

I have his books on hold at the lib, Neil Peart.

I have no problem with this movie.

FROG I'm a check out that moive report back. Tuturro, I've never seen him slouch.

RAGER

I'm a huge Rush fan. I even like Hold Your Fire.

I've had Beyond the lighted stage since it came out but I'd forgotten about time stand still doc. Just got it recently and have watched it a couple times. It's good,of course. A few more stories etc....  The story of The Bag is pretty funny.
No Focus Pocus

retardgroove

Pete Davidson was never likable to me (never wanted to run into this person) ,but for some dumb reason I enjoyed this movie.

renfield

I've never seen SNL and I only know about this dude from his WTF interview, back when I was listening to that podcast regularly. He has a pretty compelling life story and I'm excited to see this. Apatow's films go down easy

Lumpy

The Interview - got like 30 minutes into this, and bailed. D minus.

mortlock

really? i thought it was pretty good. remember it got pulled from theaters because everyone was scared north korea was goin g to blow up movie theaters or something like that. i miss those innocent times.

whoshotthefrog

Drug deal gone bad type of film. Wasn't a terrible watch at all.