asteroids
defender
battle zone
burger time
lunar lander
galaga
space invaders

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Ranbat

Space Invaders
Asteroids
Galaga
Defender
Death Race
Meh :/

stonerphonic

You did NOT get this from me....

A bootleg 2 CD recording containing no less than 116 of your favorite NES theme songs, from the classics (Rygar, Punch Out, Metroid, Contra) to the strange and forgotten (Golvellius, Cobra Triangle, Guardian Legend, Gradius, Clu-Clu Land). This collection comprises approximately one (1) metric fuckton of killer jams, almost 2 and a half hours of 8-bit goodness all in one place. 100% worth it for mere novelty/nostalgia value, but upon closer listening, complex polyphonic compositions like "Gumshoe, Stage 1", "Kid Icarus, World 2", "Wonder Boy 3, The Last Dungeon", and "Rush'N Attack, Stage 1" will keep you coming back like a crack rock salt lick.

Fuck, this is almost as good as listening to Bill Cosby talk about shooting heroin.

Almost.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDSA748R
If you're not famous at fourteen... you're fucked.

The Shocker

Robotron 2084
Zaxxon
Pole Position

Jor el

INTRUDER ALERT INTRUDER ALERT

Omega Race
Space Wars
Asteroids

Galexian/Galaga
Space Invaders fucked me up when the music would speed up and get intense.

During the Galaga days, the Stop & Go had a sign/rule that said "Only 2 Teens Allowed in Store at a Time"
What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

yeah, i forgot about zaxxon..cool game. i remember kind of sucking at that one..

tons of little mom and pop places started getting arcade games..it brought in tons of business for corner stores and whatnot. every single one of them by the late 80s/early 90s got rid of the games because of the trouble that came with it..there were always fights, kids stealing from the store and stealing bikes out front..

johnny problem

Ms. Pacman
Joust
Burger Time
Snow Bros.
Berzerk

mandoron

Mr Neutron

Galaga
Joust
Donkey Kong
pac man
time pilot
"Where words fail, music speaks."

tastelikedirt

Pole Position

Defender/Stargate

tastelikedirt

Missile Command.

What was the one with a dial as a control. And shapes descended down to get you?

SkybonE

Most people are like Slinky's:
pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs

SkybonE

socket

At one arcade, Chuck E. Cheese's I think, there was a Xevious machine that you could just kind of smack the front of and it would add a credit.  That was awesome.

I used to love this vector graphics game called Space Duel.  It was like Asteroids or something but you had like 2 connected ships.  

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

sleestak

Quote from: socket on December 22, 2010, 11:28:51 AM
At one arcade, Chuck E. Cheese's I think, there was a Xevious machine that you could just kind of smack the front of and it would add a credit.  That was awesome.

I used to love this vector graphics game called Space Duel.  It was like Asteroids or something but you had like 2 connected ships. 

That was Tron at chuck e. Cheese bro

SkybonE

Which Chuck E. Cheese?  Monroeville?

socket

Bro, it was fucking Xevious.  Tron was there, yes, and we played it a lot... but Xevious was "free".
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

EddieMullet

Favorite was Venture, you were this smiley face with a bow and arrow that went into dungeons and killed monsters and took the treasure (except for the wall room in which you dodged moving walls) and if you stayed too long the hall monster came in and destroyed you.  It was like Berzerk on acid. 

They made a home version for Colecovison back then too.

Jor el

I dig Bluth's work, but the functionality of Dragon's Lair & Space Ace always pissed me off.
What Would Scooby Do ?

nonoman

Moon Patrol, Satan's Hollow, Sinistar, Tron.

Got Zaxxon on my Blickberry, its pretty boss.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Jor el

MOON PATROL !!!
Moon Patrol was badass.
What Would Scooby Do ?

lftwng4

Started out with pinball, then video games came along.  Used to love playing Elevator Action, Rip Off, and Dig Dug.

sleestak

I've posted some pics of the PAPA Pinball tournament on the old board. It's held just outside of Pittsburgh.  Socket and myself are big pinball fans.

We'll be there for this years tournament in August and there's some other tournament being held there in March.

http://www.papa.org