American Horror Story

Started by demon gal, September 26, 2011, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demon gal

on FX. Looks interesting. I hope it doesn't suck.

The Shocker

I'm intrigued, but what is it supposed to be about?

Beerjerk

Saw the ad on the bus. I think it has to do with a ghost in a black leather body suit. It looks hot.

demon gal

Quote from: deaner33 on September 26, 2011, 09:03:52 PM
I'm intrigued, but what is it supposed to be about?

Haunted house.

The only thing is I'm not a big Dylan McDermott fan.

American Horror Story revolves around the Harmons, a family of three who moved from Boston to Los Angeles as a means to reconcile past anguish. The all-star cast features Dylan McDermott as "Ben Harmon," a psychiatrist; Connie Britton as "Vivien Harmon," Ben's wife; Taissa Farmiga as "Violet," the Harmon's teenage daughter; Jessica Lange in her first-ever regular series TV role as "Constance," the Harmon's neighbor; Evan Peters plays "Tate Langdon," one of Ben's patients; and Denis O'Hare as "Larry Harvey." Guest stars for the series include Frances Conroy as the Harmon's housekeeper; Alexandra Breckenridge as the Harmon's housekeeper; and Jamie Brewer as Constance's daughter.

demon gal

I liked it. Jessica Lange is da bomb.

The Shocker

DVR'd it.  There's too many shows I'm watching this season...

demon gal

I don't have any shows I watch regularly (not since Buffy...rest her soul) so this might be it.

I think you'll like it Deaner, it has a lot of sexin for an FX show.

The Shocker

You aren't watching Ringer with SMG in it? 

demon gal

No. I can't stomach her outside of the Buffy character plus it looks like she cries a lot on that show.

The Shocker

You mean you don't like her work in Scooby Doo?  ;)

Ringer is ok, not great.  I still like her though.

demon gal

I did watch the first episode of Person of Interest on CBS. That was kind of good, I like Michael Emerson.

The Shocker

In addition to my regular shows (already too many) I've added Ringer, Terra Nova, New Girl, Up All Night and American Horror Story.

Jor el

Scooby Doo is all aboot Linda Cardellini.
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

The Moira character and the Down's syndrome girl were the best thing about this.  Wildly uneven, but interesting enough I'll give it a few more chances.

Jor el

Agreed.

The problem is they can too easily do bullshit like -
EVERYONE THEY MEET ARE ACTUALLY GHOSTS
THEY ARE ACTUALLY GHOSTS
yadda yadda yadda
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Yeah, competing ghosts.

And who cries after masturbating?  Because he was masturbating onto a desk/table in front of an open window like a weirdo?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

demon gal

I want to bake cupcakes with her.  :)

gatorsnot

I saw Jessica Lange last week at our local museum.  She has a photograph exhibit going on and did a commentary on her work.  Kinda cool.

Anyway y'all have convinced me to give this show a try.

Jor el

The show isn't very good, but Jessica Lange is fantastic.
What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

Show is great, so far. I loved the first two episodes. Just hoping it holds up

The Shocker

Definitely liked the 2nd episode better than the 1st.

EaterofBirds

I dont know, I found the first episode very surreal and creepy. The creepy factors were way high, and not knowing much kept me glued to the screen

Alot of storylines passing through this though, hopefully they can hold it together.

I was expecting this to have flashes of nu-metal, flashy effects and weighed down cgi..and none of that. Implied terror, nice buildups, great sets, interesting and creepy characters (not to sure about the thing in the basement though..) thrown in with a nu-gothic feel and some erotica and you have a keeper of the story doesnt go awry.

The female lead is sexy...Jessica Lange looks fantastic and the maid is smoking..the ladies get Mcdermotts ass across the screen every now and then, so everyone's happy.

demon gal

Yay Wednesday. Can't wait to see what Constance is up to tonight. Damn I want to know "what" she is. I don't think she's bad, I think she protects that house in some way.

Jor el

The maid ghost aged?
Is that right?
What Would Scooby Do ?