The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Dang dude doin it up. Chopsticks and all.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made burgers on the tao along with some Bush's Grillin beans

While I had it fired up I grilled some chicken too.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

Threw some spuds in a drip pan under the rotisserie ribs. This is the second time I've gotten fucking perfect results with that method.

RAGER

Try the same thing with some cabbage and onions 
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Grilling eggs?

Burger with pickle and knife looks great. Definately will make the trip from grill area to couch.

RAGER

Kind of a novelty. Saw a pic from Thailand. Thought I'd try it. Had one this morning. Kinda chewy. I can make something out of em.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

how do you do it? time and temp please. im not sure i would like a chewy egg. sounds gross. actually, dont bother, im not wasting an egg on that. 

Muffin Man

haha, I picked up a can of those beans last week! Have never tried them before, let me figure out what Imma put with them. - oh, probably jalapeno kiolbasa that I need to use up.

Lumpy

Pasta ala Mortlock. It's pretty easy. Add to large pan (or pot) in this order:

Splash of olive oil, large diced onion, one pound hot Italian sausage crumbled (cook until onions are almost soft, about 10 minutes). Then, add whole bunch of chopped garlic, stir. Add one regular can white beans (including liquid), cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, stir in one pound cooked rotini.

Drizzle with olive oil, and grate fresh parmesan on top.

Before rotini:

After rotini:

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I made my first smash burger last night. Forgot to get a pic. Holy shit it was good. Best burger i ever made. 80/20 ground made into a loosely packed ball. Put it on the very hot cast iron pan and smashed down. Cooks fast flipped and topped with american cheese. Served on a bullshit hamburg bun and topped with mayo mustard pickles and onion.

My only mistake (which wasnt really a mistake) was i made the burger a tad thicker then i would have liked it but not by much. Gonna make a halftime adjustment and get that right.
Take aways..
I have the smash part down.
The bullshit bun is important because you want a small soft sugary bun.
American cheese melts fast and it the best for this burger application. Not cheddar.
Go easy on the toppings. Mustard mayo pickle onion. No tomato and lettuce or any other crap.
Pics coming next time i make one.

RAGER

Fontina, raclette, gruyere, em emmentaler are all good melting cheeses too.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I think we are due a Dave's Cookin' Show update. I'll have the gruyere or smoked gouda. no tamato. Chopped lettuce/pickle relish spread

https://www.howsweeteats.com/2018/06/smash-burgers/

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on June 26, 2020, 08:16:38 PM
Fontina, raclette, gruyere, em emmentaler are all good melting cheeses too.
i dont live in france. I live in america.

Muffin Man

RAGER

Yum. I'm tired. Making frozen fries and leftover comeback sauce.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

im about to whip off a salami sandwich and a stoffers swedish meatball frozen.
ill try and post pics.

Lumpy

Which is the best meatless hamburger? They have a few different kinds at my local stores.

RAGER

I don't know the brands cuz if I want one I make it myself but I prefer a quinoa based one. I also put mushrooms onions zucchini garlic and some egg white to help hold it together. You gotta squeeze out the moisture in the zucchini though.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

Doubl yum. Is that cottage cheese on the side?
No Focus Pocus