The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Yesterday was fun. My grill didn't show up so I improvised and got to use some of the thaan charcoal. Worked very well.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Where do I get a grill and those charcoals!? That'll be my new grill effort until I upscale or dig a pit.

RAGER

That's my makeshift Thai grill. I have a robatayaki grill coming tomorrow. When I have to go back to work dammit. You can get the thaan charcoal on amaz**  but I'd prefer you order through Pok Pok.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

These ribs gonna be guuuuuuuuuuuud in a week.

No Focus Pocus

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

Got from my buddy does bending and stuff. Just a tape speed mod. Fun really loud through effects. Any tape will do.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Totally uneven cookthrough - this is the worst part. Can live with Over-brined. Over-seasoned. But
another f'ing rubber duck.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

A nice like crunch with a snappy tug, in fact

Muffin Man

I brined it for over 12 hours but not on purpose. The thing was soaking wet heavy when I got to it. I knew I was in trouble right there.

ed. A Mexican fam I knew had a drive up chicken shack. He brined his overnight, too. Untouchable quality, amazing.

RAGER

You gotta air dry it in the fridge. Then you can do your rub.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Radicchio pecorino sherry vinaigrette olives crumbs Texas red hot salt taters

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Fuck my nutz that's a Serious Diner Special. Thos pics are NUTZ

RAGER

Made another batch of naam phrik kha. This is probably the most correct version. Heavy on the galangal. It's herbal, salty, and spicy. In that order.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Yummy dinner t'other night on the front porch. Them fermented rice encrusted pan fried ribs. Damn good. With ALL the fixins

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

So the Pok Pok empire is pretty much over. He'll keep the main location on Division which was the first one and his old home. Probably because he owns it outright. He seems unsure wether he will open again at all and under what circumstances. Damn.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

That's what I'm saying.

Kinda doesn't matter what he does right now, since restaurants are kind of screwed anyway. Takeout, delivery and 50% seating capacity aren't a winning formula. Might as well wait. What will he do when the pandemic is over. He will probably open up a new restaurant. It's good for publicity, Pok Pok sort of had their 15 minutes of fame already. New restaurant gives the press something new to talk about.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

It is what it is.  Just reporting. He's genuine.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I fully expect him to move out of Oregon. Lets see what happens. (yes, I'm overstepping my bounds but jeepers this Gin is making me frank)

Lumpy

Salad blogging
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on June 20, 2020, 01:16:02 AM
I fully expect him to move out of Oregon. Lets see what happens. (yes, I'm overstepping my bounds but jeepers this Gin is making me frank)

Maybe maybe not. He's been here a long time. Our bands played together in about 93. He does live in Thailand part of the time. His wife is there now I think.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Surf & Turf Summer Solstice Special

Skillet NY Strip Peppered, with Willapa Bay Oysters.

All good, tastiest in this order 1) organic potato, oysters, steak. The mushrooms were treated distinctly - set out in the sunshine for science trick, sauted in buttered cast iron, fish sauce and sesame oil - an intersting home run. Try it!

2+hour salted strip Rager trick, Mortlock butter pad trick. Not a 4/2 flip.

Served with buttermilk. Rufus Teague Steak SauceJor el. Homemade tarter with garden dill element.