The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made some pickled Hungarian wax peppers.

Had some other stuff I was gonna do but I partied too hard Yesterday.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Awesome. I've got to get serious about my picking game, mainly quick pickling, I think.

Blue Plate Special

Hard boiled cold water trick, 10 minutes. Jacobsen smoked salt.

RAGER

Fuck That salt company.  He's a shitty person.

I will buy his products no more.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

a little plain but if thats what youre going for i guess it works.

Muffin Man

R, oops, really? I'm almost out, lasted about 4 years. I shall look for another brand.

M, plain looking, but velvet. That little green dot* made them pop. *habanero

Lumpy

My local deli has boiled peanuts, comes in a can, BBQ flavor. I did not buy. Small brand, looks like it got closed out from a 99 cent store before the deli got it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

BBQ pork and hot mustard. Yeah baby! 
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I bought a pound of dry mustard, Frontier I believe. I was surprised how easy it is to make that. After trying too many mediocre store brand jars I could never get the restaurant impact...I got it now. Mix powder and water - BOOM!

Muffin Man

Man, these Hatch are so dank , have filled the house up with, it's actually oppressive its so strong. I've got 2 fans on full trying to air out. No wonder they do these outside, er.  :o

Convection oven at 510 in the cast iron lid. What should I do with them now? Only bought 3 as a sample to see if I could char them decently. Tuna salad maybe. I'll make an omlet.

Muffin Man

RAGER, this came in today! Imma mash my HATCH for schnitzel. Pork is currently bathing in buttermilk.

Muffin Man

Here's the game plan; seared tuna with Hatch tapenade. I' morty'd & pestled the Hatch. Super proprietary ingredients; whole garlic, Pink Himalayan, dash of cumin, seasame oil, peanut oil, fish sauce. This shit is real.
Back later with plating.

I doubled this

Muffin Man

you had to be there

Tuna with seaweed flakes adornment, Hatch tapenade, chilled guamole. Paired with Jumilla

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on August 26, 2020, 09:33:41 PM
RAGER, this came in today! Imma mash my HATCH for schnitzel. Pork is currently bathing in buttermilk.

Right on. Nice use of it too.

Try pounding a hatch with a little salt a couple garlic cloves to a paste then add some fish sauce and lime juice. You've just basically made naam phrik noom.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Muffin Man

Man I added key lime from a bottle. Rather interesting, I must say. My little Hatch tapande experiment is freakin' ace. Totally random fusion made up on the spot (plus lime component suggestion). I should have gone to cooks school.

RAGER

Every few weeks I buy a pork roast from new seasons then I cut out the different cuts. Then freeze for later use.

Imagine the pic rotated lengthways.

Left: Fatty cuts for slow Thai Jin tup.
To the right: lean cutlets
Far right:  for stew and ragus. Even ground.
Bottom:  chicharrones or muu krob.

I made muu krob.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Did some so low and slow ribs and some chicken yesterday. Some tater salad and beans too.

Dry rub

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Looks outstanding. Potato salad looks legit

RAGER

When I feel it's safe to eat in a restaurant again, this might be one of the first things.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Olive salad homemade and a smashburg with mustard onions and meat hotsauce i was able to get from a local pizza place. Homemade mac salad and home fries. The meat hotsauce goes on everything.