The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Dude. It surprised me. The condiments are mayo sriracha ketchup.

Turkey burger dressed with nuoc cham aioli and pickled carrot green papaya tomato and leaf lettuce. Brioche bun heavily buttered.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

stop saying turkey burger. im trying to enjoy it in my mind as a cow burger. that shits throwing me off.

RAGER

Seriously dude. It ruled. You know me.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I seriously upped my mandoline game today.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

A friend urged me to get off hamburger for taco meat, instead use ground turkey. I still shudder to think about it but it does work very well. Less greezy. Particularly ok with shredded white cheese and green hot sauce. I've made turkey burgers too and to be honest, ok too.

mortlock

I visited my sister years ago for thanksgiving. Went for a few days. Shes a vegitarian but eats turkey (yeah i know). We had turkey meat loaf one night, turkey bacon for breakfast one morning then turkey on thanksgiving. No wonder i barely visit her.

RAGER

Srsly. You would have loved those burgers I made.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Im sure i would. Your cullinary skillz make pretty much anything look super amazingly good.

RAGER

Khao yum at Hat Yai eatery. Along with chicken and beef curry skewers

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Muffin Man

X-ray vision man. Chicken and a little over done. Didn't need the cheese, I keep doing that! Questionable but did the trick.

Thanks, RAGER
Cheers, Jor

RAGER

As with many breweries the beer Is the focus and food comes second. Almost an afterthought. As if people that appreciate good beer don't know good food. That is usually the case. I know both.

So I give you the brisket plate. Very sad. I knew it wouldn't be good but....yes that's a butter pat. Jesus.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

yeah im not feeling that and im really easy to fuckin please.

RAGER

Great brewery though. Farmhouse ales, saisons, kreiks
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i dont like craft beers. im a piss water beer drinker.

renfield

You like lagers. Try a craft lager, you'll like it (maybe)?

lftwng4

I know it doesn't have to be an either/or situation, but I'd rather go to a brewery where the food is second to the beer, than a brewery where the beer is second to the food.

socket

Imagine a place where they focus on both! But yeah, if I'm going to a brewery the beer better be their focus. Hire a good chef (JimJom) and you're golden.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

lftwng4

A good example of that in Pittsburgh is Church Brew Works.  I haven't been there in 5 years, but I always thought their beer was mediocre, as was their food, but their big selling point was the building.  I hope they've gotten better at both.

sleestak

I actually like both but haven't been there in a good while.   Perhaps my standards are lower in general being a life long yinzer.   
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

The exception to this is Ferment Brewing in Hood River. Top notch beer and food program in a staggeringly beautiful building.
No Focus Pocus