Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I finished Death Note (37 episodes) it was good but I think it peaked somewhere in the middle? The ending was good though. I'm not going to watch the US live action version with Willem Defoe, at least not now.

I might try Castlevannia or Black Butler.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

I agree with your assessment, for me it kinda loses steam after they kill off the other main character. Quite a ride though eh?

Muffin Man

We should (some of us) get real, move out, and make a movie. Let your imaginations run

sleestak

I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

As off topic as you can get because not only did I not see this film recently, I will NEVER have seen this film recently.

Nope nope nope

whoshotthefrog

Cool movie. Interesting story line especially with whats going on today. Basically, a virus has all but killed off all females. So, a father has to protect his daughter from the evil that's out there. It's about two hours long, but thankfully it didn't drag on. The fight scene at the end of the movie was pretty cool. Shows how far a father will go to protect his child.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

neighbor664

renfield

neighbor664

neighbor664

Rewatched: Brazil, Time Bandits, Dune, and All of Me.

I also finally got around to watching Ford Vs. Ferrari

neighbor664

My roomie had never seen Weird Science. I was high enough to put it on and watch it. LOL!

jmucke

Oh boy, whoever thought this would be a good idea - it's not. Back in 90s I found the first two movies entertaining - drug use might have played a role. But this sequel is rather painful to watch. I stopped after 15 minutes.

Lumpy

Whoa!

I think it might have been Keanu Reeves' idea because Alex Winter is broke, but I might be imagining that.

renfield

In the preview the daughters looked funny. I was hoping it would be alright.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: neighbor664 on August 23, 2020, 11:12:59 AM
Rewatched: Brazil, Time Bandits, Dune, and All of Me.

Those first three are classic in heavy rotation chez Dinger.  I haven't seen All of Me, what's that??
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

neighbor664

Lumpy

Us.
I really liked it. There's some outlandish plot points that come up towards the end. But at that point, in for a penny, in for a pound. Maybe not worse than a typical Steven King thing (The Stand, etc).

Great acting and direction, a few good laugh lines that are welcome. 8/10

Lumpy

The Color Out of Space.
Sucks pretty bad, terrible writing and direction. If you got rid of the boring and cringy parts the movie would only be 5 or 10 minutes long. I don't know why this got good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes except maybe astro turfing and payola. 3/10.

renfield

Lumpy

Do you like long, boring scenes where the "family" stands around doing nothing, telling their back story, with fake personal "chemistry"? "I'm really worried about my Mom's cancer" "Maybe I should have sold my Dad's farm after all"? That's the first 40 minutes. The dialogue sucks and the writing sucks.

It's a below average B movie, there's nothing wrong with B movies if it's well done. In 2020 there's no reason that a B movie with this kind of potential should be this inept.

I must have blurted out "this sucks" at least 10 times while watching. YMMV.

renfield

I'll let you know what I think if I see it, it'll be interesting to compare notes!

Lumpy

I found it on a torrent site, let me know if you want the link.

I loved Mandy and I have nothing against Nicholas Cage, unless he wrote the script for this (he didn't, but I considered the possibility while I watched it). I really wanted to like it, but it's a turkey, in old person's parlance.

renfield

I didn't mean anything by my comment other than that sometimes we have opposing opinions on stuff so I'm still keeping an open mind for this film. One man's "bad writing" is another man's "woah this is so surreal" or whatever, idk, we'll see

Lumpy

All good... #fistbump

Spoiler: the color out of space is kind of magenta.

Annihilation is much better than this (and I didn't care for Annihilation, but at least it was well made). TCOOS is like a shitty 80's straight-to-video movie updated for 2020.

neighbor664

It has long been required by law that all film retellings of H.P. Lovecraft's works must only be schlocky B-movie fare. Color Out of Space is no exception, even with the handicap of a higher budget and big name star.
I enjoyed it just fine. I knew what I was getting into when I sat down to watch it. If I wanted quality, I would have just read the story again. I liked it for the Volvo content as well.