breakfast

Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

the best meal of the day

RAGER

I'll take pics of breakfast tomorrow. 8)
No Focus Pocus

mertz

I'm all about coffee. The most important part of the most important meal of the day.

neighbor664

Quote from: mertz on February 04, 2012, 11:15:25 PM
I'm all about coffee. The most important part of the most important meal of the day.

I'll 2nd that. I cannot get out the door till I've had two cups.

RAGER

Stacked yukons and eggs with gravy and jamon serrano coils

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i stopped drinking coffee..lost my taste for it..i actually never really liked it but id drink it for the caffine and its ability to keep me regular on the toilet.

i broke the habbit..i only drink tea now..im a total tea snob. doest work nearly as well as coffee for either need but i feel better and my stomache never is upset anymore..coffee would fuck me up like that. i will have a cup from time to time, but im down to about 2 cups a month..

mertz

Quote from: mortlock on February 05, 2012, 07:34:52 PM
i stopped drinking coffee..lost my taste for it..i actually never really liked it but id drink it for the caffine and its ability to keep me regular on the toilet.
Thanks for sharing. I hope you stayed regular.

neighbor664

i broke the habbit..i only drink tea now..im a total tea snob. doest work nearly as well as coffee for either need but i feel better and my stomache never is upset anymore..coffee would fuck me up like that. i will have a cup from time to time, but im down to about 2 cups a month..

Because eating more fiber would make too much sense?

mortlock

Quote from: neighbor664 on February 05, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

Because eating more fiber would make too much sense?
why do you got to be like that..

mortlock

Quote from: mertz on February 05, 2012, 08:04:41 PM

thanks for reading and caring..

mertz

Quote from: mortlock on February 05, 2012, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: mertz on February 05, 2012, 08:04:41 PM

thanks for reading and caring..
Anytime, anytime.

Volume

Orange juice, yoghurt with müsli and apple jam (or whatever I happen to have like berries, fruit...) and coffee.

black

Quote from: RAGER on February 05, 2012, 12:51:45 PM

Daammmnnn!

That looks & sounds amazing. I still can't believe you aren't running a kitchen at a fancy restaurant. Your ideas, recipes and presentation are things of beauty.

*edit*
i just saw your posting in the burger thread. will you keep us posted as the opening/menu develop? also--are you in Portland? Seattle? i'm gonna be up that way this summer and would be stoked to check it out.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

demon gal

Quote from: Volume on February 06, 2012, 02:32:43 AM

Orange juice, yoghurt with müsli and apple jam (or whatever I happen to have like berries, fruit...) and coffee.

I eat lots of yughurt and musli, I call it Pap, it's my superfood. I usually make a big tupperwear of it every Sunday and soak about a quarter cup in milk overnight. I like to cut up half an apple in it. But I'm going to try the apple sauce because that would be a lot quicker.  

Lumpy

Quote from: black on February 06, 2012, 11:48:14 AM
Quote from: RAGER on February 05, 2012, 12:51:45 PM

Daammmnnn!

That looks & sounds amazing. I still can't believe you aren't running a kitchen at a fancy restaurant. Your ideas, recipes and presentation are things of beauty.

*edit*
i just saw your posting in the burger thread. will you keep us posted as the opening/menu develop? also--are you in Portland? Seattle? i'm gonna be up that way this summer and would be stoked to check it out.

Yeah, your food looks amazing.

By the way, I'm available for adoption. :)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

thanks.  cookin is fun.  have always loved it.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

Ok Rager, Volume & DLung... Which one of you is gonna fly out to L.A. to make me breakfast ?

I,Galactus

Second most important meal of the day?  Breakfast for dinner.

Made "breakfast tacos" last night: salsa-basted tortillas stuffed w/ hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs, queso quesadilla, and hot sauce.  Killer as usual.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

You mean queso fresco?
No Focus Pocus

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RAGER

Ah yes.  there are many forms of this kind of mozzarella type melting cheese marketed to white people.
No Focus Pocus

GodShifter

Not to just "white people", brah.

I was recently down in Mexico with my Mexican wife and her Mexican relatives took us to buy some of that kind of cheese at a Mexican market. My wife and her many of her Mexican friends prefer that style of cheese in their Mexican food.

Did I use "Mexican" enough for emphasis?

mertz

Quote from: GodShifter on February 07, 2012, 09:22:25 PMNot to just "white people", brah.

I was recently down in Mexico with my Mexican wife and her Mexican relatives took us to buy some of that kind of cheese at a Mexican market. My wife and her many of her Mexican friends prefer that style of cheese in their Mexican food.

I knew there was a reason I like you!

RAGER

Quote from: GodShifter on February 07, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Not to just "white people", brah.

This is why when I go into a crappy "mericanized mexican joint for hangover food I see mexicans.  It's a travesty.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung