breakfast

Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Who says you can't have liver pate` for breakfast?  

Pate` I made yesterday atop crusty bread dressed with thin sliced shallots, flat leaf parsley and chopped olives vinaigrette,and a pickled egg.

No Focus Pocus

demon gal

Breakfast/Lunch/Brunch

RAGER

That looks killer.  nice natural light too.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

Quote from: RAGER on February 26, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Who says you can't have liver pate` for breakfast? 

Pate` I made yesterday atop crusty bread dressed with thin sliced shallots, flat leaf parsley and chopped olives vinaigrette,and a pickled egg.

Looks yummy. Bet you had some stinky breath after that though.

RAGER

You'd think I was stoned when I came up with this one.  I diced up some leftover linguica and pepperoni pizza, sauteed up some taters, onions, and peppers in a cast iron skillet.  Cracked some eggs over top with some blue cheese,scallions, and Italian parsley.  Baked for aboot 10 min. on 400

Can you see Jerry in there?

the wreckage
No Focus Pocus

mertz

RAGER

No. Pizza was added when I threw it in the oven.
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

My usual is something akin to:

5 eggs (farm fresh when I can0
sharp cheddar
2 red potatoes
whatever seasonings...pepper, minced garlic (extra good when it gets browned up) etc

fry up the reds a little to get some crispiness, pour in egg/cheese mix, harvest gigantic omelet thingy

triple espresso shot

whole navel orange, sometimes 2

Or replace all the potato business with spinach, tomatoes and some balsamic and romano cheese.
Wilt the spinach first or its a bitch to mix, egg being flung everywhere.

I,Galactus

My usual weekend breffo:

2x soft-boiled eggs in egg cups w/ pepper
Wheat toast w/ butter & tart jam (citrus marmalade or some berry rhubarb spread)
Three strips center-cut bacon
Pulpy OJ
Stout coffee w/ half & half

Dunk bacon in eggs, gulp oj, scarf toast, down coffee, take epic shit, carpe diem.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

MadJohnShaft

We had corned beef hash with St Patrick day's leftovers - cabbage, potatoes and a big old corn beef. It was delicious

Food TV has a one hour show about the best pancakes. 15 minutes and we're already off visiting the woods to collect syrup. How are they going to fill a whole hour? Crepes?
Some days chickens, some days feathers

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on March 27, 2012, 02:23:02 PM
You'd think I was stoned when I came up with this one.  I diced up some leftover linguica and pepperoni pizza, sauteed up some taters, onions, and peppers in a cast iron skillet.  Cracked some eggs over top with some blue cheese,scallions, and Italian parsley.  Baked for aboot 10 min. on 400

Can you see Jerry in there?

the wreckage

i love you..

mertz

I just burned an omelet because I wasn't paying attention. Wonder if Ragers gonna break down my door, and force me to eat it?

mutantcolors

If you're cooking eggs with enough heat for them to burn in the first place I think you have bigger problems. Low and slow = fluffy magic.

RAGER

^^Excellent point.  Fried eggs can be done with big heat but an omelet should be done at lower heat and needs to be tended too.

Have you ever done a french omelet?  Look up Jacques Pépin's technique.  very decadent.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

My breakfast this morning.  Fried egg sammich on ciabatta roll with emmentaler and greens
No Focus Pocus

mertz

khoomeizhi

got up early and barely ate this morning to go get inventory happening...did my shit, but the company that was supposed to do the majority of inventory got their shit screwed up. april fool, you bastards who got up early...etc.

2:32 pm, i am currently frying my breakfast potatoes.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Demon Lung

i jusr made a vermont cheddar and honey maple turkey omelette sandwich

RAGER

Sauteed ramps and broccoli rabe with tiny taters and a fried egg dusted in pecorino and chile flakes.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I love having non traditional things for breakfast

Leftover pork tenderloin and kimchi and this stuff

No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Damn, Rager. How many times do you go to the grocery store a week?
And where do you go? All your stuff looks delish. Me? I'm happy with a bowl of crunchy Raisin Bran and 1 sliced up banana in milk for brekkie. I do now exclusively poach my eggs when i have them. 3 minutes in the boil is perfect. I like them a lil less runny.

RAGER

Yukon Towers for breakfast.  Stacked yukon gold taters with farm fresh egg and carlton farms bacon in between and fresh made chicken stock gravy over the top.  Happy sunday
No Focus Pocus

astroman

egg in the basket with cheddar and salsa
pretty much the only thing I can make.....bout to do it again!

I,Galactus

I just recently got on board the egg in a basket train and am enjoying the ride. 

Is the cheddar and salsa just topping, or is it more intrinsically incorporated?  What's your fat of choice - butter or bacon grease?
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

mutantcolors

I love bacon, but I prefer butter myself because...well...it doesn't flavor everything like bacon. Sometimes I don't want bacon flavor.