breakfast

Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

id do it if it looked like that, my version would not come remotely close unfortunately..

RAGER

I love fried rice for breakfast.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

that's the weed talking..eggs and bacon with hash browns and toast are way better..

RAGER

Savory steel cut oats with roasted red pepper, onion, brussels sprouts, fried egg, squash, sea salt , and dukkah

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Sometimes just  a plate of beans is enough

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

But then you have a brunch board later

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Cast iron rice and eggs plain yogurt habanero

RAGER

Poached egg atop garlic dill yogurt with a little lemon juice. Nduja hippie toast with feta.  Urfa pepper butter drizzle. Accoutrements.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

prosciutto fried rice

RAGER

Made a frittata from leftover onion rings and fries. Added a few other things too

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

fuck that looks good.

Lumpy

Leftover onion rings? Hard to imagine.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Not if rager is making it.

RAGER

I think he thinks there's no such thing as leftover onion rings. Right?

But they were huge and we already had burgers and fries too. There's some of them fries in that frittata.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Yup, like leftover crack.

RAGER

Breakfast board and a Westmalle Trappist. Edited Forgot the pic.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

is it weird that i have a food boner right now?

RAGER

Not all my boy. Not at all.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oh nuthin just mad some pho ga this morning before work for breakfast.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i had a fried baloney egg and cheese with fried onions brek sandwich. i should have taken pics. next time i will for sure.

RAGER

Omelette quesadilla garden fresh maters with some Jacobsen sea salt

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Nice, luxurious. Those tomatos look gorgeous. Really appreciate your prep pics! (oops was looking at the pho ga prep)
Reminds me I'm almost out of my Jacobsen smoked salt, which I've always ground fine. When I restock I'll get a couple kinds and keep one for course, like your dish there.

RAGER

SE Asia breakfast soup. Yum.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Super easy breakfast dish. Congee or baizhou or khao tom. Whatever you call it it's rice porridge. Long grain white, jasmine, sticky rice. Mainly you use leftover rice cooked down to a porridge in broth or stock. Add what you want to it. Top it how you see fit.

I added leftover chicken, roasted shallots, and shiitakes and cooked it down in chicken stock fortified with xo sauce. You could just add some soy sauce. Then topped with scallions, cilantro, fried shallots
Send some Chiu chow chili oil for some heat. Mmmmmm.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I think the Thais call congee Jok ("joke").  I think I've only congee maybe once. Yours looks good!