The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfield

intoxicatingly good, crisp / moist just where it needs to be.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Nobody can top that. O-M-G

Holy Snickies those pots, brah

mortlock

Bacon cheddar cheeseburg with meat hotsauce onions and mustard. Same hard roll as used with the steak sand from the other night.

RAGER

Finally made these dumplings this morning before work. I made the filly two days ago by just couldn't be arsed.

Looks Chinese but very Thai filling.

No Focus Pocus

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

Is that last one vegan salsa casserole?
No Focus Pocus

renfield

RAGER

Making my favorite condiment to go with them dumplings.

No Focus Pocus

socket

ANYWAY, went to the grocery store for the first time in a few weeks and got some supplies. I had some seitan chorizo that was probably near going "bad" so built some shit around that. got the shit for and made salsa (the last pic should have been first and the salsa is an ordeal in and of itself) and saved some jalapeno spears and some cilantro for drinks and garnish, etc. Threw the "chorizo" in a pan with some canned green chilis. threw on some cumin and maybe chili and garlic powder. made 2 burritos topped with some bullshit avacado salsa and sriracha, baked for a few mins and made a michelada. of course i ate both burritos because i'm a fucking american.

Muffin Man

I can't believe you called Herdez bullshit, amigo. It can be special at times. Sir.

Lumpy

You can do a lot worse than Herdez, brand wise. I've never had the Herdez guacamole salsa, I've had another store bought brand which wasn't very good (no heat or flavor). I'm guessing Herdez' version probably isn't good either. The real stuff you can get at Mexican restaurants and taco trucks is amazing! What they have to do to keep guacamole from turning colors inside a glass bottle is probably part of the problem.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I'll keep my opinions to myself on this.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

oops, its a brand in the Hormel family  :-X Now, I get it. No bueno! The dark red, chipoltle, I think, salsa is ok.

Lumpy

The Herdez green salsa is fine for chilaquiles, etc, but mild and boring. The red salsa is not very good, but it's edible, "downscale".

I'm using pickled jalapenos most of the time now (except for eggs etc). On tacos, pickled jalapenos only. No salsa.

If you want a good jarred sauce, Desert Rose "Cantina Style" is good (especially the green, hot version - the best jarred green salsa I've ever had). Kind of hard to find Cantina Style versions around here, though.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

socket

this herdez. satisfyingly spicy was maybe one of two and possibly the only choice at my walkable ghetto shop n save. it did the trick.

mortlock

I dig this brand. I love the refried beans and the jarred jalapenos from them too.
picupload

RAGER

I had guacamole last night but it sure didn't come out of a jar.
No Focus Pocus

socket

i think we're talking more of a spicy avocado salsa "sauce." forgot to get an avocado on friday which was lame.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on May 03, 2020, 01:50:20 PM
I had guacamole last night but it sure didn't come out of a jar.
are you a guac snob?