The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Oh man that pork was sooooo good so tender.

All that lovely intramuscular fat making for a nice crusty char while remaining medium.

Slice thin. Melty

There are videos that demonstrate how to find and remove this cut in a Boston butt.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

renfield

how do you get the tortillas to come out like that, lightly fried but also charred/blistered?

Muffin Man

High quality tortilla? Maize? Light oil after flipping oil gone hence burn spots? Enquiring minds!

renfield

not sure what is on the plate at 9 o'clock, probably a pickled hot pepper
has anybody tried pickling tomatillos? they've got that sturdy structure that would lend well. get on it!

Muffin Man

Yep, I right clicked on pic then click again. He's good about posting big media.

What'a  you figure for the hot sauce? Wondering if Tapatilo.

renfield

it's his homemade fermented red serrano sauce!

Muffin Man

Omg, I should've known better. Of, course!

RAGER

Little bit of oil high temp, pickled jalapeƱo, salsa huichol
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

My buddy who works at an italian food store told me the price of meat is going up next week. He hooked me up with some ny strips. I made these last night. Now that i have a cast iron skillet i can get the proper sear. High heat for 4 mins. Flip for about 2 minutes and done. Perfect. I sliced the steak into thin strips and made a steak sand with the local sourced hard rolls. Topped with roasted jalapeno and provolone.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Congratulations on the cast iron pan. I could never get mine done in a 4/2 flip. Whats in the pan with those bad boys? Looks like a good 1/2 stick of butter. That might be my prob, I've always gone with oil, fork-poked into the meat but no way can I get it done in a 4/2 - more like a 4/4 flip, twice.

mortlock

You have to cook on a hot surface. I preheat the pan on 5 (dial goes to 6 on burner gas stove) for 3 to 4 mins. Drop a pad of butter under each steak and drop the steak right on the butter right away. Keep it on 5 and have your stop watch going. Food Science.

RAGER

Also rest raw steak on counter for a couple hours generously salted.
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

...gourmet only please. I don't know what iodized is but I don't want it. Don't want no flouride/chlorine is my cocktail mix, either.  ;D

I've never salted a steak longer that 20 minutes, thought it'd dry it out, but now I've seen the light! NY Strips here I come.

I've got butter. I'll make a point to drop a patty.

renfield

I have ordered thai food to be delivered.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Butterylicious
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield