The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

David Chang fucking bugs the shit out of me. That's all.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

RAGER

And, which will come as no surprise because I think many feel the same way, fuck Gordon Ramsey. I haven't watched a show of his in years but the other day I got about 2 min into one of his new ones where he goes to far flung laces and does his schtick. Which he started up right after Bourdain died which pissed me off. So there he is in this hut all scrunched over mimicking the natives and eating what they prepared. Of course he did his own version too. Couldn't stand it. Shut it off.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

That's for you to find out momofuku!
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

You don't fuck on me!  I fuck on you! 
No Focus Pocus

renfield

in one of the episodes of Ugly Delicious, Chang goes over to his mom's house and bullies her on camera until he makes her cry

mortlock

Lumpy

I hate Gordon Ramsay, I hope he gets run over by a diaper truck. He's a flaming asshole, and his food is stupid.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

There's a nice PBS documentary about Jacques Pepin here. His whole life story, it's pretty remarkable. They seem to imply that he got a lot of pussy (it's PBS so it's subtle). About 50 minutes. I always liked his cooking shows.

https://www.pbs.org/video/jacques-pepin-the-art-of-craft-efs2cl/

renfield

socket

Jom and I hung out with David Chang in LV once.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Wife's cooking. Taco salad one night then the leftovers turned into taquitos the next.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I make a taco salad, but I don't fuck around with lettuce (it always spoils before I use it up).

Small 1 of everything, serves one:
Dice up into a big serving bowl: Green Pepper, seeded Tomato, peeled seeded Cucumber, Chicken breast, red Onion - all diced small. Dicing takes more time but I think it's worth doing.

I make my own tortilla "chips" in the oven, with corn tortillas. On a greased sheet pan (I put foil down) - 3 or 4 tortillas cut into bite size strips, 350 oven for a few minutes, lightly brown so they are almost crisp.

Dressing is 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup hot salsa (green or red), mixed with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Toss everything together, then add a handful of shredded cheese on top, and a diced avocado.

It's fake Mexican but it's really healthy (except the cheese) and it's a giant portion and really filling. Everything is diced small so I eat it with a big soup spoon.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Who the fuck uses chop sticks to eat mexican?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

socket

you fucking ate popcorn or some shit with them once so i knew you were legit
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Lumpy

Quote from: renfield on April 17, 2020, 12:11:07 PM
Sounds delicious!

Y'all should try the 50/50 Greek yogurt/hot salsa for Taco Salad dressing, at least. It's great. You can use sour cream (or a mix of sour cream and Greek yogurt) too.