The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I must've used up all the achiote seeds. Couldn't find em so I just made carnitas instead.

Blah pic. Sorry.

The best tortillas ever
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Made a small batch of khua kling today to use for lunches this week. Minced pork with Thai red curry paste. A bit more turmeric because it's a southern Thai dish And quite spicy. Heavy on the kaffir lime and lemongrass.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

RAGER

I've never explored Indian cuisine. It just doesn't grab me. Not sure why. That's not a blanket statement but..... All other Asian food I can find something I like.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

My lovely assistant cuts onions like a fucking asshole.

mortlock

Thats what she thinks she does but she just fucks my onions up. I want one cut down the center then i can make rings for sandwiches. She tries to pull that bullshit and fucks everything up. 

Lumpy

Rings are overrated. Really hard to keep them together if you're cooking them, you might as well forget it.

I like the cross-hatch technique in the video, I just do it 20 times slower.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Is that a type of upholstered roof on an automobile?

mortlock

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on August 05, 2020, 06:11:30 PM
Do you pound them flat first? Cuz I think that's the type you're looking for. Like schnitzel.

Now I did, Pounded, that works great! Overnight brined (thanks, Rager, another good tip) in fresh squeeze lemon juice and salt. Then soaked the cutlets in buttermilk for a couple hours before egg wash, fish fry coating, pan fry in peanut oil.

Two kinds of bowtie - hot w/sausage and cold w/canned salmon. Capers and peas. Lots of fresh squeeze lemon everywhere. Alfredo sauce (squeeze lemon in there too)

Served with chilled Chardonnay.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Muffin Man

Pulled pork and schnitzel style. Or king of all, whole hog.
I did get a smoked knuckle, as recommened, add to steam pot cabbage, becomes savory pot
with help. MIso paste one factor..

I think I meant to say sesame paste. I did mean to say sesame paste.

mortlock

So she burns the fuck out of the rice, even though she has ragers instructions. Then she eats some of the burnt rice and acts like its good. Makes me try some and i spit it out. Then she hits me with 'some cultures prefer their rice like this'. I give up.

RAGER

25-30 seconds high heat to dry off the bottom not burn it.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Tell her she's doing cultural appropriation

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I need a rice cooker too. The pot I use always drips down the side, making a mess in the burner well.

#blog

RAGER

So does mine but I ain't buyin a rice cooker.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I might end up buying one to make that black garlic renfeld posted a while back. Read somewhere you can make it with a rice cooker.