Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertz

It's just wrong to not like cheese.

Demon Lung

I know. Cheese is the best thing in the world

demon gal

Quote from: RAGER on February 07, 2012, 08:40:08 PM
Ah yes.  there are many forms of this kind of mozzarella type melting cheese marketed to white people.

Queso Oaxaca is a white, semihard cheese from Mexico, similar to unaged Monterey Jack, but with a mozzarella-like string cheese texture. It is named after the state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico, where it was first made. It is available in several different shapes. It is also known as quesillo Oaxaca or thread cheese when shaped like a ball. Shaped in bricks for slicing, it is called asadero (meaning "roaster" or "broiler") or queso quesadilla.[1]

The production process is complicated and involves stretching the cheese into long ribbons and rolling it up like a ball of yarn. Italian mozzarella is another cheese which is processed by stretching (the pasta filata process).

Queso Oaxaca is used in Mexican cuisine, especially in quesadillas and empanadas, where the queso Oaxaca is melted and other stuffings, such as huitlacoche and squash flowers are added to the filling.[2]

mortlock

Quote from: Demon Lung on February 07, 2012, 10:12:55 PM
I know. Cheese is the best thing in the world
there should be a cheese thread..somebody should start one..i love cheese. it goes great with beer..

mertz

Cheese goes good with everything.

mertz

Has anyone tried "soy"rizo in place of chorizo? I absolutely love it. It's not greasy, and doesn't have questionable bits in it.

RAGER

usually instead of (glands and lymph nodes) chorizo, i use linguica or longaniza.
No Focus Pocus

mertz

I'll give that a try. Love "Soyrizo" though.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mertz

Great spices. I love cooking with it. My very authentic Mexican granny loves it.

mortlock

this is a chorizo burrito..

mertz

Quote from: mortlock on February 18, 2012, 02:14:13 AM
this is a chorizo burrito..

Did you bite into anything questionable?

Demon Lung

Quote from: mertz on February 16, 2012, 10:58:55 PM
Has anyone tried "soy"rizo in place of chorizo? I absolutely love it. It's not greasy, and doesn't have questionable bits in it.
i will have to try this

mortlock

jimmys lunch truck..pennsauken nj..the best bacon egg and cheese on a bagel ever..

RAGER

What makes it the best? 

/bagelcurious
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

the flavor of their grill is why..also you get alot for $3.75.. its 2 fried eggs and they use white american cheese..their bacon is the shit as well..they also use the large bagel..and i love the seeds..

mertz

I wish I could still eat greasy food!

Demon Lung

Quote from: mortlock on February 19, 2012, 10:49:27 PM
the flavor of their grill is why..also you get alot for $3.75.. its 2 fried eggs and they use white american cheese..their bacon is the shit as well..they also use the large bagel..and i love the seeds..
ride out to the island. I'll show you a bagel shop

mortlock

mertz, why cant you..?? you only live once..

mertz

Makes me feel barfy. Same with dairy, but somehow I can tolerate cheese.

RAGER

That doesn't sell me.

/jaded/cynic/snob//////
No Focus Pocus

demon gal

Mmmmmm. I love bacon, egg and cheese bagels, especially with an over easy egg so the yolk runs all into the bagel and down my arm and chin.

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on February 19, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
That doesn't sell me.

/jaded/cynic/snob//////
i cant really help you then.. youre on your own..and from the stuff you post, it looks like you got things under control..but, having said that..it is the best bacon egg and cheese on a bagel i have ever had..

RAGER

Awesome.  if you have your places that serve your fav shit.  that's better than the alternative.
No Focus Pocus